real time web analytics
General - - North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Victoria sargeant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love the footage from north staffs building can’t believe been shut for nearly 10yr no way does it seem that long only seems
like couple at most that was getting treatment in old a&e dep just wanted ask if you’ve ever managed get anywhere near wards 1&2 if so any footage as spent lot of time as an out and in patient on these wards and wards 1 always felt to quiet and eerie remember it only being small and rooms having really high small windows in rooms
Vix

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
There are plenty of threads which show the place on here. Not entirely sure where wards 1 or 2 are in the A&E department. I'd assume these are on the ground or first floor as the 2nd (top floor) is cardiology.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The plans I have have this wing of the original infirmary building labelled up as either ward 1 or ward 2:

_DSC0186.jpg

No small windows though, so perhaps a different area than you were referring to? Pretty much all of the original buildings have very large windows.

Salad_Dodger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ward one was Chemotherapy, at the other end of the hospital from A&E. I'm told that that the bulk of the Infirmary has been penciled in for demolition. In the last few years the trust has has spent in excess of £1million on security to keep it secure.

Victoria sargeant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are plenty of threads which show the place on here. Not entirely sure where wards 1 or 2 are in the A&E department. I'd assume these are on the ground or first floor as the 2nd (top floor) is cardiology.
Ward one was Chemotherapy, at the other end of the hospital from A&E. I'm told that that the bulk of the Infirmary has been penciled in for demolition. In the last few years the trust has has spent in excess of £1million on security to keep it secure.
Yes It is ward 1 was for more complex chemo procedures and ward 2 above was more for outpatients coming towards end of treatment and was if you go through the old Victorian entrance and through the white doors you went right along latter end of the windy corridors can’t can’t be sure but think they part of the old building attached to old Victorian entrance which I heard is the only listed part of north staffs buildings to be left standing when rest is knocked down such a shame.

Victoria sargeant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The plans I have have this wing of the original infirmary building labelled up as either ward 1 or ward 2:

_DSC0186.jpg

No small windows though, so perhaps a different area than you were referring to? Pretty much all of the original buildings have very large windows.
This I think maybe the further end of ward 1 if is I just remember it having quite a few private rooms that were positioned around the main entrance onto the ward which would be behind the location of this photo that had what described as dark, depressing with small windows for some reason they didn’t seem as modern as this bit further down the ward

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Yes I heard recently that they are spending upwards of £10 million having the site cleared, the demolition crews have been setting up on site now for the last couple of months.

In the previous proposals it was suggested that the entrance block to the original infirmary buildings will be retained for conversion into residential, somehow.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yes I heard recently that they are spending upwards of £10 million having the site cleared, the demolition crews have been setting up on site now for the last couple of months.

In the previous proposals it was suggested that the entrance block to the original infirmary buildings will be retained for conversion into residential, somehow.

Yeah I believe they have already stripped that beautiful entrance hall. criminal really that should of been saved

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's annoying if true, going off topic a bit but the whole residential proposal for the site is massively bland, just a bunch of standard shoe boxes. There are plenty of decent looking older buildings amongst the hospital complex that could be repurposed into apartments etc. The lack of vision is just depressing - it is fairly typical of the Stoke area as a whole unfortunately.

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's annoying if true, going off topic a bit but the whole residential proposal for the site is massively bland, just a bunch of standard shoe boxes. There are plenty of decent looking older buildings amongst the hospital complex that could be repurposed into apartments etc. The lack of vision is just depressing - it is fairly typical of the Stoke area as a whole unfortunately.

I have just read that they're saving the stained glass windows from the chapel and a few bits of inscribed stonework from around the site though, so that's something I guess!

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
I have just read that they're saving the stained glass windows from the chapel and a few bits of inscribed stonework from around the site though, so that's something I guess!
Hopefully they sell or auction some of the surgery lights from in there. Would be an interesting house lamp.

Who has read this thread (Total: 385) View details