real time web analytics
General - - North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Victoria sargeant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I believe they have already stripped that beautiful entrance hall. criminal really that should of been saved
That is criminal should have left that in its original state to at least preserve some of the building original history and character can’t leave anything alone always about modernising everything

Salad_Dodger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The local 'news paper' for Stoke is reporting that demolition has now started......... Is it ok to post the link in here ?,

Having spoken to a few people and reading the article , it now looks like the Trust will get to keep the money from the sale of the land. Previously this would have gone back into Govt Coffers. So I guess the Trust were playing the long game for the not insubstantial cash windfall.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was hoping to have a crack at this place sometime but looks like it's too late. I always seem to leave the stuff close to home too late for some reason.

Zoemilly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’m gonna go have a look later on today as it’s on my doorstep. I’m keen to know if demo has started and if I can flutter my lashes at the demo guys. See if they won’t let me go for a wander

Victoria sargeant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The plans I have have this wing of the original infirmary building labelled up as either ward 1 or ward 2:

_DSC0186.jpg

No small windows though, so perhaps a different area than you were referring to? Pretty much all of the original buildings have very large windows.
This is ward 2 or what was ward 2(out patients cancer day ward)as don’t know if this is some of what’s been pulled down now but ward 1 was directly underneath.

Who has read this thread (Total: 385) View details