real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Asylum, Denbigh - April 2023 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Asylum, Denbigh - April 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wanderingfool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After a 6hr drive up and being greeted by Wales with torrential rain, I finally made it to the asylum. Driving past for the first time I realised how no pictures can do this place justice, the scale and grandiose appearance of the buildings really took my breath away; I was going to wait until the next morning to investigate but I just couldn't hang about after seeing it in person.

As I made my way to the asylum, it was pissing it down but seeing as I was adequately prepared, I thought the rain would help conceal my entry and any noise made trying to get in. Took the long way around, hopped over some fences and I was in. No security cameras at all and no sensors (even though there were signs to say it was being monitored), but I still sided with being cautious as I didn't want anything to ruin this experience.

After about 20 minutes of walking around the grounds, the rain subsided and gave way to sunshine and calm weather, which allowed me to finally start taking some photos. I expected the place to feel quite eerie but instead it was the complete opposite, I felt very relaxed and in awe of the structure that stood before me, I only wished I could have seen it before the vandalism and fires caused by youths over the years. It's a shame that this has happened, as I can only imagine what it must have looked like in its hay-day.

Mostly kept to the ground floor levels as a lot of the ceilings/floors were falling apart and would be too dodgy to risk walking around on them. Found some sub-levels and got spooked by a wheelchair, but the scariest thing of all was a bloody pigeon flying into some metal which almost made me crap myself :D

I ended up hiding in a hole for a while as I'd heard some voices which I thought could be security or police (only a few moments earlier, I spotted a guy in a high vis walking around outside the grounds). After the voices disappeared, I quietly walked around again, listening for any other signs of life. Ran into a few other explorers after a couple hours and after having a chat with them, it turned out that we were doing the same thing, we each thought that the other was security! We parted ways and I carried on. Must have been walking around there for around 6 hours, so once I thought I'd seen it all, I headed back to the car for a much needed coffee!

Thoroughly knackered, I found a nice layby, read a book and then feel asleep ready for the next day of driving down to Talgarth hospital (posted a report on this earlier). All in all, definitely going back to Wales as there is just so much to explore and I need more than 3 days for all of it.

DSC_6655.JPG

DSC_6615.JPG

DSC_6617.JPG

DSC_6619.JPG

DSC_6627.JPG

DSC_6639.JPG

DSC_6642.JPG

DSC_6650.JPG

DSC_6651.JPG

DSC_6685.JPG

DSC_6688.JPG

DSC_6703.JPG

DSC_6713.JPG

DSC_6721.JPG

DSC_6724.JPG

DSC_6730.JPG

DSC_6733.JPG

DSC_6739.JPG

DSC_6744.JPG

DSC_6746.JPG

DSC_6751.JPG

DSC_6756.JPG

DSC_6762.JPG

DSC_6766.JPG

DSC_6768.JPG

DSC_6770.JPG

DSC_6787.JPG

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Great shots again. I attempted all the Welsh asylums last month and Denbigh was the only one I got busted at typically. The guard was dressed in camo and wore a balaclava. He was carrying a stall so I wonder if he waits in the bushes and hunts explorers 😂. He was very professional and polite so I just said fair game and obliged to leave.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
A nice collection there, and I like how you've found a real selection of alternate angles and viewpoints to the norm, great job!
As Zombizz said, definitely makes it look tempting again.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely set. This place gets a bad rep from some for being done to death, but the aesthetics of this place is really beautiful. The building is so intricate. Good job. :thumb

Wanderingfool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great shots again. I attempted all the Welsh asylums last month and Denbigh was the only one I got busted at typically. The guard was dressed in camo and wore a balaclava. He was carrying a stall so I wonder if he waits in the bushes and hunts explorers 😂. He was very professional and polite so I just said fair game and obliged to leave.
Haha oh damn sounds like you just got unlucky, he must have just been very bored that day :D

Wanderingfool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Everyone here is so nice! Cheers all, I'd definitely still recommend this place for an explore as whilst a bit derelict, the atmosphere and aesthetics of the place is second to none.

The_Raw

Staff member
I was just wondering how Denbigh is looking these days. You've done a good job of making it look good despite the state of the place. Definitely looks better from the outside than inside though.

bollard

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great to see it again. I went last summer and failed miserably to post the report. How is development coming on there?

Dave37113

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great to see it again. I went last summer and failed miserably to post the report. How is development coming on there?
we went Denbigh in April didn't attempt to get inside just went for some external shots as was just in the are ,security was following us round with a drone after about 40 minutes he came strolling up too us had a chat with him and he told us that the nurses house was down for demolition and that area would be the first place for new builds.

Lizziee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We took a trip down there today and sadly there was no way in the whole place has been fenced off apart from the nurses houses a few of the barns and the extra 2 buildings to the side of it. There is workers working at the side of there now who legally own that property. We was later chased off after getting some outside shots of the gorgeous building work, was such a shame we couldn’t get in to explore it before they start making changes to it all

Who has read this thread (Total: 332) View details