real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital - Denbigh | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital - Denbigh

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Flubbera87

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N
28DL Full Member
I can not believe I am sat here at 3.34am on the Sunday morning after having only 4 hours sleep in 56.... after traveling over 650 + miles in just over day and a half. :crazy

I am topped up on "Red-Bull" from my journey back, and as I can't get any sleep I might aswell crack on with this !

Some little bit of History to keep some happy..

The North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental) was a hospital for people with psychiatric illnesses located in Denbigh, North Wales.

Designed by architect Thomas Full James to originally accommodate between 60 and 200 patients, the building dates back to 1848, and originally had its own farm and gasworks. Planned for closure by Enoch Powell from the 1960s, it was closed in sections from 1991 to 2002.

Now derelict, on October 31, 2008, Living TV's Most Haunted did a live series, The Village of the Damned on location in the North Wales Hospital which spanned over the course of a week. The producers of the show were criticized by residents of Denbigh for slurs against the town and the hospital.

On 22 November 2008, during work to renovate the building site and convert it to apartments and residential properties, the building caught fire; it was later confirmed that the main hall of the hospital was destroyed. Arson is suspected.

Currently on the buildings at risk register, planning permission has currently lapsed, while Denbighshire council are planning urgent repairs and to bill the current owners/developers.

What a day !, Eventfull.... Thanks to everybody for being there... made the trip well worth while !. After getting access easily we headed straight for the tower to get some shots from the crows nest... What I will say is that I not only knew everybody by name... but also by touch as it got very..... "Touchy-Feely" in the confined space.

DSCF4316.jpg

DSCF4317.jpg

As we made our way down one by one..we walked over the plank of death into one of the front rooms that overlooked the main drive...

DSCF4326.jpg

From here on we just casually strolled around without any disturbance... (Untill Later)

DSCF4330.jpg

DSCF4331.jpg

DSCF4338.jpg

DSCF4344.jpg

DSCF4334.jpg

Sparkuk + Mookster looking busy...

DSCF4342.jpg

DSCF4351.jpg

DSCF4349.jpg

DSCF4350.jpg

DSCF4352.jpg

As we made our way back up to the 2nd floor just round the front of the Hospital... we heard Beardie + Co pull up in his van.. We huddled down and cept still and quite...We waited for about 5 minis and thought that he had walked around the back, but next thing we know he is up in the same corridor as us. Well we ran down the nearest stairs, across the courtyard, down the main drive and through the main gates.. ( Must of looked funny 8 of us running from the front of the place )

Anyway I will say we had a run in with him on a PUBLIC ROAD but im sure you will read all about that in a different thread. Ive got some video footage and I pulled a still from it ! What do you think.. ( Very close )
DOGJUMP.jpg

It all eneded with our whole group spending the next 2 hours sitting by Denbigh Castle with the BBQ on the go ! Say Cheese !

DSCF4368.jpg

Thanks for looking........I FEEL LIKE I AM ABOUT TO CRASH HARD ! ! :eek:
Flubbera87 :thumb