real time web analytics
Report - - NY State Hospital, NY, USA - Sept 2008 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - NY State Hospital, NY, USA - Sept 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kts262

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We woke up at 3am so we could get to this place just before sunrise, a few wrong turns and it was nice and bright when we pulled up to it. A quick dash and we were inside.

A friend of mine, who has seen far more abandonments then I'll ever be able to catch up to, went to this place a few months before I did. His words about this place sum it up very well: "This was a place to keep people who were (censored) up."

Most abandoned asylums had large day rooms, elaborate theatres and landscaping, and warm colors. This place on the other hand was dark and dreary, thick bars and meshing covering the windows, and nothing but seclusion rooms. This was a place to warehouse and store violent mentally ill people.

The campus of this place is still open, however this building has been closed for about 35 years. In that time pigeons have taken over the top floor of this place leaving 6 inches to a foot of bird poo EVERYWHERE. The smell was awful and I'm surprised I didn't catch anything from being up there for as long as I did, it really was bad. (You can see how high it is in photos 4-7) The rest of the building is in pretty good shape otherwise.

putting my best foot forward
foot-forward.jpg

what a mess
messy-chair.jpg

drag race
drag-race.jpg

fallen
fallen-chair.jpg

tangled web
tangled-web.jpg

dirty chairs
dirty-chairs2.jpg