real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - "Occupy Londons" takeover of Roman House, EC2 (with a dash of 28DL) | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News "Occupy Londons" takeover of Roman House, EC2 (with a dash of 28DL)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Occupy London today took over Roman House, and will be opening it to the public for a lecture on Londons secret finances on Monday,

THIS article references, links, and uses a pictures from One Flew East's report that is HERE

VDUB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
all they do is sit around all day moaning about the world in which they contribute fook all to, then at night because its too cold they go home or to their squat which is paid for by us tax payers, until the next day where the re assemble like a bunch of street tramps ruining the look of the amazing citys they infest....... they're on nottingham market square too... piss in a bucket and throw it on um. get a job!!!!

imo

OliverT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
get a job!!!!

Isn't the complete lack of those one of the things they're protesting?

I support the protests completely, and I think this country really needs a good slap around the face..

VDUB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
plenty of jobs out there, just too many people who think they are too good to work.. i agree the country fooked up but they aint helping or contributing to getting it right ether...

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
I pay my taxes. I'd much prefer that a small amount of my taxes paid for some unwashed people to hang out in a disused building than a shed load of my taxes go to bail out some bankers who fucked up massively.

The banks are the biggest benefit scroungers in history.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Funny comment:

Occupy London is a front for MI5, or else how come they can get away from breaking into highly guarded buildings in central London without getting caught. We are talking about high security office buildings here with on site security and CCTV not some run down derelict place in Hackney but high profile buildings in the City of London, the most heavily policed and heavily security patrolled part of the entire UK.

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
The banks are the biggest benefit scroungers in history.

I thought I was the only one on the forum who thought that :confused
People can insult the Occupiers till they're blue in the face, but I regularly visit the Occupy Nottingham, and I find the people there rather friendly and polite :p

Gone

Regular User
We spoke to one of the 'Occupiers' in London, he ran his own successful food business and visited the St. Pauls camp at night to support the cause.

The Littlest Jellyfish

Hibernating Jellysquirrel
28DL Full Member
all they do is sit around all day moaning about the world in which they contribute fook all to, then at night because its too cold they go home or to their squat which is paid for by us tax payers, until the next day where the re assemble like a bunch of street tramps ruining the look of the amazing citys they infest....... they're on nottingham market square too... piss in a bucket and throw it on um. get a job!!!!

imo

Oh wow, I didn't think we had Daily Mail readers on the forum.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
I met 4 of the group that were occupying in Exeter. Two had just flown in from LA to do a TV interview about the London occupation (and one was flying straight back out to the US after the interview)

Another of the group was only occupying weekend day times as he works in the families business in Birmingham - so came down at weekends to spend the days outside the cathedral - and his nights at the families holiday cottage in Padstow (Cornwall)

Have to say it wasn't really what I'd thought the movement was all about. :rolleyes:

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
That's the thing - they're not against all business, they're against huge businesses who take massive subsidies and avoid tax on a huge scale.

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Even if their protest is futile and a waste of time, I think it is a pretty good cause because the amount of damage the banks and billionaire tax dodgers do to this country is staggering.

Za Gringo

28DL Zoo Member
28DL Full Member
Occupy London was contacted by individual workers employed by Berkeley Homes who were concerned for their job security as it transpired they were recently employed to help renovate the building.

In light of these discussions, it was decided to leave the building.

Occupylsx

Status
Not open for further replies.