real time web analytics
Report - - Oh Really Drain - West Midlands - August 2009 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oh Really Drain - West Midlands - August 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
I explored this drain at the weekend. The brick edged outfalls looked inviting so I kitted up and popped in. As it happens, that is pretty much the only bit built from brick apart from the various manhole shafts along the route, however apart from bloody spiders' webs getting in my hair it was an interesting way to spend a couple of hours.

I don't think it's got a name and I wasn't feeling very inspired so I've called it Oh Really after photo number 7. (Not to be confused with a London sewer junction of a similar name!)

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

petzl

Explorational Urbanite
28DL Full Member
cool :thumb did you check out all 4 tunnels i can see in the 1st photo?

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member
I called this one Sub Five, and was waiting to do the other section upstream from the grate shown in the last few pics before i posted a report.
Petzl- The two big pipes run parallel with each other and join at man holes, as shown in picture 9, and the two smaller pipes are an overflow from the grate straight down to the outfall in the park.

A few of my pics from March...
DSC_2578.jpg

DSC_2558.jpg

DSC_2568_1.jpg

DSC_2564.jpg

DSC_2571.jpg

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Hey Bubblehead - nice pics.
I thought someone must have done this, it shouts out at you on Google Earth!
Hadn't seen a report so just gave it a name.

Must go back to do the upstream section sometime, looks like it might sump under the canal. Did you check out the two short downstream sections?

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member
Must go back to do the upstream section sometime, looks like it might sump under the canal. Did you check out the two short downstream sections?

I did the short D/S one from the park to the station but not the one further on from that. Also yes the U/S part does go under the canal, then motorway and comes out by the fire station:thumb

I was on my way to do that when i killed my car on route and never got round to returning. If you're in the area again soon give us a shout as it is only 5mins from my house.

*BTW i'm happy for this part and the other two D/S section to be called Oh Really, as the U/S parts will suit Sub five more accurately*

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Ok, next time I'm planning on passing that way I'll PM you in advance, although you might have checked it out by then!
I'm interested in seeing what's down there - looks like it runs for a decent length. :)

C

C.H.U.D

if some-one could please explain... each picture of a drain i see, seems to have a chain going across each RCP... why is this ??

thanksies...

They warn of the immenant dissapearance of nice safe RCP floor into a possible bottomless cesspit of shit:p