real time web analytics
Report - - Orrell brick tile works Sept 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Orrell brick tile works Sept 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

winchman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and Aqua Crazy did this in the pouring rain a couple of weeks ago. ( Sept 2013)
Brief history, thanks to a friendly local who was walking his dog, he worked in the factory until the 70s when it closed, much of it has been demolished apart from the big long building that was used to house the machinery to make the clay pipes for drains etc, the fitters work shop, now looks like its about to fall down and one kiln used for firing the stuff is now a bat roost.
No signs of the pit head of mine workings or possibly we didn't look hard enough.

IMG_0135.gif

Grade two listed I was told but I cant see why? Local chap did tell me development was halted due to Asbestos? We didn't see any but you cant always see it?

View attachment 564892
The floor has lots of big machine size holes in it roughly filed in, so could possibly be hollow?

View attachment 564893

View attachment 564894
Fitters shop ( engineering workshop) in the far right, its in very poor order
View attachment 564895
View attachment 564896
Still has an overhead crane and looking at the gable end its only a matter of time before the crane falls down

View attachment 564897
The old kiln is now some sort of bat haven thing, no obvious entrance any more unless you are a bat

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details