real time web analytics
Report - - Park Royal Guinness Brewery, London | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Park Royal Guinness Brewery, London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Right... this has been kept a secret for long enough so I am posting it for all to see. The brewery buildings are art deco designed by Sir Giles Gilbers Scott, designer of Battersea and the red phone box.
The buildings are amazing, there is no other way to describe them. Inside is another story...

The first brewhall is breathtaking. Girders floor to ceiling with gantrys and catwalks everywhere. A wooden tunnel links the buildings together. The next brewhouse is the same again... but much more intact! Full of stainless tanks and other brewing ephemera.

Powerstation is breathtaking again!! Control room is awesome with rows of cabinets full of guages and other equipment. Main boiler room of powerstation is a scary height... especialy when on the mesh gantry at the top of it!! Roof views amazing

FGH001.jpg

JHG031.jpg

Powerstation7.jpg

Powerstation12.jpg

In a nutshell its awesome, its a great days explore and its on borrowed time!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member
Re: Park Royal Guinness Brewery, London - REPORT

The whole weekend was absolutely awesome, not many sites can follow on from infiltrating wembley stadium, however this huge monster of a brewery did just that, with some style too!

Its a huge site, myself, raddog and dweeb spent nearly 4 and a half hours there, and saw probably 1/4 of the site, the immense size of it, a mix of old and new, trashed, near perfect, still used provided us with an interesting mix.

Here are a few select piccies which I took on the day...

pr9.jpg

(the front view of the 3 huge interlinking art deco monsters)

pr1.jpg

(sunbeams through the many stairways and gantrys)

pr2.jpg

(small door, leading to wooden walkway, about 100-130ft off the ground..)

pr3.jpg

(the door way and tunnel for the link sections...)

pr4.jpg

(multi-story tiled stairwell)

pr5.jpg

(fermentation)

pr6.jpg

(rooftop windows and skylights)

pr7.jpg

(the very top of the boiler/ power station room)

pr8.jpg

(more modern bottling/kegging works)

A really stunning location, can't believe we didnt see/find this earlier esp. with the "guiness, now exclusively brewed in Dublin" campaign.

Anyway...a great day was had by all

turk ;)

Raddog

28DL Full Member

My pics:

Doh! Never spotted these guys up the top of the new building!!! I bet they had spotted us. (on the roof)!!!

adventuresmall.jpg

Diageo.jpg

Hopstoresmall.jpg

Keggingsmall.jpg

Mapsmall.jpg

Stairssmall.jpg

true.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

si o doom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

just a few for ya'll, finnaly able to upload to photobucket again, only taken three weeks!!!!

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0154.gif

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

the end of a good day :D

DSC_0195.jpg

si o doom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

hey hey you got some of the exact same shots i took :D great minds 'n' all :D

heres the other security tags

DSC_0168.jpg

i'm thinking about going back, wouldn't mind getting up the silos or checking the railway out :D

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member

what...this gantry? lol , this isnt even at the top...love it!

pr7.jpg

turk ;)

T

TheFunk

A few of my photo's from Sunday.

shadow.jpg

vats1.jpg

view.jpg

view2.jpg

view3.jpg

view5.jpg

view8.jpg

woodceiling.jpg

barrow.jpg

bridge.jpg

bridge5.jpg

dark5.jpg

girders.jpg

girders4.jpg

ladder.jpg

si o doom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

turkey said:
lol, the top of the power station was the best bit, the last ladder up onto the roof was great!

erm...great pictures funk...

turk ;)

actually the funniest part was when i was hanging out the hole by the massive silos and nearly stacked it :D
MK1 went out the power station ladder on to the roof, i went up as far as the point where the stairs had been CUT!!!!!! roughly four/five floors up, then thought the hell with that!

you can just about see MK1 blocking the light as he climbs out on to the roof

DSC_0180.gif

Shane annesley

28DL Member
28DL Member
I boxed for Guinness for 10 years, had so many friends over the years from the club my dad worked there for 20 years,when they pulled it down I cried, there were people from all over the country who had memories of the place standing with me lost in their own thoughts, when I come up from the hanger lane under pass and look to me left, I still expect the building to be there standing tall, Guinness has gone my school faraday has gone, if they took Q P R away my own history would have completely gone, Guinness you live on in are hearts