real time web analytics
Question - - Penallta colliery | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Penallta colliery

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

IwanTucker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, I live locally to Penallta and have got information off some ex miners, it’s definitely not somewhere where anyone has been since it’s shut. However I’m not going to say what and where to it is, because I assume the Coal Authority check these forums. Does anyone have any underground maps of Penallta or know of anyone who has more information on it ? Thanks Iwan

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi everyone, I live locally to Penallta and have got information off some ex miners, it’s definitely not somewhere where anyone has been since it’s shut. However I’m not going to say what and where to it is, because I assume the Coal Authority check these forums. Does anyone have any underground maps of Penallta or know of anyone who has more information on it ? Thanks Iwan
Sounds like you've found a drift to me? the shaft is 750ft deep so a considerable depth and I presume flooded if you where planning on exploring it?

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
If you’re hunting on here for a survey you may get a reply, I wouldn’t be worried about a survey you will hit bad gas or water way before you get lost !

@Bikin Glynn you can help this chap. Make sure he doesn’t take the shirt of your back though, he does this a lot !

IwanTucker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the replies, penallta didn’t have a regular drift, however did have an air drift ;). Just to clarify, an explore won’t happen. Glyn can I message you privately?

caiman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Penallta is completely flooded, as are all the deep mines in South Wales. There's only surface remains to look at. Mining plans available from the Coal Authority (at a price) but only for academic interest.