real time web analytics
Report - - Penallta Colliery, South Wales - August 2022 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Penallta Colliery, South Wales - August 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its rather nice but a bit sketchey
The crane looks decent! Was the ladder very loose when you climbed it? Two friends of mine who are a lot lighter than me both bottled it as it was moving so much, I didn't even try 😂

@dansgas1000 those shots inside the Headframe are bloody phenomenal! Loving the old photos too, good finds!

I see that the wall on the right hand side of the corridor in the powerhouse was still intact on your visit, there was a new hole there in January.

Unfortunately it was too small to maneuver my hips through, so I sent my friend in with a torch and my broken camera, he did the best he could. Hell of a drop below that walkway, don't blame him for not walking on it for a better angle. Also a mysterious red door in there.

DSC05556.jpg

DSC05551.jpg

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The crane looks decent! Was the ladder very loose when you climbed it? Two friends of mine who are a lot lighter than me both bottled it as it was moving so much, I didn't even

All pretty solid tbh was a bit of a squeeze where cage had been squashed in.
The timber decking when up there is a bit questionable.

Did u get in Bath house? Iv tried that one several times but couldn't get in

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The crane looks decent! Was the ladder very loose when you climbed it? Two friends of mine who are a lot lighter than me both bottled it as it was moving so much, I didn't even try 😂

@dansgas1000 those shots inside the Headframe are bloody phenomenal! Loving the old photos too, good finds!

I see that the wall on the right hand side of the corridor in the powerhouse was still intact on your visit, there was a new hole there in January.

Unfortunately it was too small to maneuver my hips through, so I sent my friend in with a torch and my broken camera, he did the best he could. Hell of a drop below that walkway, don't blame him for not walking on it for a better angle. Also a mysterious red door in there.

DSC05556.jpg

DSC05551.jpg
Thanks mate, and that looks interesting, haven't seen that part before. Did you mean there is a big drop below the walkway in that pic or were you just referring to the gantry crane?

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
All pretty solid tbh was a bit of a squeeze where cage had been squashed in.
The timber decking when up there is a bit questionable.

Did u get in Bath house? Iv tried that one several times but couldn't get in
Ahh fair, I would say it's getting worse then, as it was starting to come away from the wall!

Yeah Bath House is done, it's in my report. It's well sealed for now (as of January) but somebody is bound to knock a hole in somewhere at some point.
Thanks mate, and that looks interesting, haven't seen that part before. Did you mean there is a big drop below the walkway in that pic or were you just referring to the gantry crane?
A big drop below the walkway. Need to do another revisit, it's been 6 months, the hole will hopefully have gotten bigger 😂

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ahh fair, I would say it's getting worse then, as it was starting to come away from the wall!

Yeah Bath House is done, it's in my report. It's well sealed for now (as of January) but somebody is bound to knock a hole in somewhere at some point.

A big drop below the walkway. Need to do another revisit, it's been 6 months, the hole will hopefully have gotten bigger 😂
Sounds interesting, if you go back please give us an update :thumb

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just an FYI, it's been completely sealed, Headframe is the same deal as the Bath House, they've bricked it, so unless you can shift the seized door to the 2nd floor, you're not getting in at the moment. The Powerhouse is less robust, so I'd imagine the youth will make short work of it at some point.

20230811_145922.JPG

20230811_145739.JPG

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just an FYI, it's been completely sealed, Headframe is the same deal as the Bath House, they've bricked it, so unless you can shift the seized door to the 2nd floor, you're not getting in at the moment. The Powerhouse is less robust, so I'd imagine the youth will make short work of it at some point.

20230811_145922.JPG

20230811_145739.JPG
Thats a shame. But good to see an update.

IwanTucker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

DSC05556.jpg

DSC05551.jpg
Those are fans no.2. I knew the guy who opened this up, wasn’t originally sealed up until a few years ago. The doors are
Marked with red to indicate danger, as of all the wind that would blast through or you could possibly get sucked in, hence the latch on it. Fans no.1 are still accessible if you dare to risk. Is dangerous as the floor underneath has at least a 50ft drop, that’s crumbling away

Who has read this thread (Total: 216) View details