real time web analytics
Petite Ouverage Denting, France, Sept 2023 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Petite Ouverage Denting, France, Sept 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ouvrage Denting is a lesser work (petit ouvrage) of the Maginot Line. Denting was approved for construction in May 1931. It was completed at a cost of 11 million francs

Denting comprises three infantry blocks.[4] The blocks are linked by deep underground galleries, which also provide space for barracks, utilitiesand ammunition storage. The galleries are excavated at an average depth of up to 30 metres (98 ft).

IMG_4866.jpeg

IMG_4879.jpeg

IMG_4892.jpeg

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_4916.jpeg

IMG_4913.jpeg

The_Raw

Staff member
Good to see it's still in relatively good nick. Here's a few pics I took in 2017 that I never got around to posting. We hardly had any time in there because I had to catch a flight if I remember correctly. The blast doors and fold out desks were really cool.

27269680599_8a8c316af1_b.jpg

25179776938_dd061dec50_c.jpg
24185230237_49fabc58a9_c.jpg

38335887524_f55ea0c06b_c.jpg
39046284571_59989bf076_c.jpg

38335917984_d219aabd65_c.jpg
27269785949_c3de6b6a55_c.jpg

27269685269_685e80c430_b.jpg

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pictures! Yeah, I appreciate that it’s got a lot less graffiti and more things still in place like the bed frames, desks, engines, etc. I did notice significant metal corrosion though. The blast door lying on the ground looked like the hinges just rusted away. One of the stair wells, you would not want to put any weight on the railing, it’s barely holding on.

The_Raw

Staff member
Nice pictures! Yeah, I appreciate that it’s got a lot less graffiti and more things still in place like the bed frames, desks, engines, etc. I did notice significant metal corrosion though. The blast door lying on the ground looked like the hinges just rusted away. One of the stair wells, you would not want to put any weight on the railing, it’s barely holding on.
Cheers. Yeah they can be quite dangerous places at times. Two guys got seriously injured a couple of years ago when they got in the lift at Welschof and it collapsed to the bottom of the shaft. Scary stuff...

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No doubt. In comparison to some others I’ve been in the metal in Denting appeared to be more corroded.

That was an interesting article about Welschof. I guess that explains why it appears to be recently, largely buried. We couldn’t find entry. Here’s what Welschof looked like a few months ago:

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4349.jpeg

Last edited:

The_Raw

Staff member
No doubt. In comparison to some others I’ve been in the metal in Denting appeared to be more corroded.

That was an interesting article about Welschof. I guess that explains why it appears to be recently, largely buried. We couldn’t find entry. Here’s what Welschof looked like a few months ago:

IMG_4345.jpeg
That's interesting as there's a video on YouTube from a few months ago where it was still doable. Must have been buried since then I guess.

Here's my report from 2015: Report - - Petit Ouvrage de Welschhof - France, March 2015 | European and International Sites
I didn't give its name away at the time as I was asked not to but I've updated it now seeing as it's sealed. That was my first experience of the maginot line :)

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, I see at the end of the video that they are walking away from the the area that is now covered but was not yet covered in the video. I assume that was also the entry point but it’s not clear from the first part of the video.

We did that one on a whim without much research as we were in the area. Perhaps there is still a way. I can’t tell for sure that the beginning of the video is the same spot as the end but I’m also not seeing anything else eye catching on Google maps nearby either.

Last edited:

The_Raw

Staff member
Yeah, I see at the end of the video that they are walking away from the the area that is now covered but was not yet covered in the video. I assume that was also the entry point but it’s not clear from the first part of the video.

We did that one on a whim without much research as we were in the area. Perhaps there is still a way. I can’t tell for sure that the beginning of the video is the same spot as the end but I’m also not seeing anything else eye catching on Google maps nearby either.
Pretty sure access was behind the mound in your second pic. The other blocks don't have any entrances as far as I'm aware