real time web analytics
Report - - Peugeot Ryton Plant, Coventry - 17/10/07 - Reception, Offices and Roof | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peugeot Ryton Plant, Coventry - 17/10/07 - Reception, Offices and Roof

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

G

Goldeeno

Well i did say i wouldnt go back, but here i am, i love this place gonna be gutted to loose it. Again myself and Dakota_79 went over, i think for out third time together, altho i think we must both be on near 5 visits now.

The Aim was to do the Main Offices and Reception area on the A45 side of the building. We had previously found the access to here but due to live PIR sensors it put us off. They are now disabled, so easy pickings.

The place is still littered with loads of Peugeot stuff, which suprised me considering how far along they have got with gutting everywhere else.

Peugeot 206 Front Head Light Unit
IMG_0002e.jpg

A really smart Engineering Bench Press, i wouldnt mind one of these, sadly it was a bit on the heavy side to be carrying :D.
IMG_0009e.jpg

In one side office i found a set of Advertising Prints for various cars.
There was Angel who knew saturday was going to be the biggest party of the year, so she got herself a racey 106 for £149 a month, erm, ok then.
Theres (Orange Tess) who apparently lost her sunglasses, but the 106 with tinted windows was an ideal replacement lol.
And finally Jade, who after doing the Hippie thing, she decided to embrace the modern style, again with a 106! WTF, who thought up these things lol!

Original
IMG_0023e.jpg

I thought B+W worked well
IMG_0023ee.jpg

A bit further along was an Site Engineering Drawing, showing the whole layout with the cars on the track and everything. Nice bit of kit, was about
4m x 1m.
IMG_0031e.jpg

Rooms full of Stationary and Fans :D
IMG_0035e.jpg

IMG_0039e.jpg

Named and Shamed! If you guys had picked you feet up, things could have been different!
IMG_0040e.jpg

A Blank Whiteboard, and pens..... ooh, i feel and Art Attack!
IMG_0044e.jpg

Ever Wondered why your peugeot drives like a bag of crap, "At peugeot we havent changed our Engineering for 40 years, but our cool styling makes you think we have". < Not real, but the pic from back in the days, i guess even before Talbot. So maybe 1940's?
IMG_0045e.jpg

The Workmans Coat, there were loads lying around.
IMG_0046e.jpg

206 Light Lens, with flash.
IMG_0047e.jpg

I dont know what these are, steeing struts?
IMG_0049e.jpg

For me this was one of the best parts, we found some stairs leading down :D, Air Raid shelter? Bunker? NO, the VAULT! I couldnt belive this place was not locked down, considering it was still full of stuff. There were three vaults and a corridor full of filing cabinets.

IMG_0064e.jpg

IMG_0079e.jpg

IMG_0062e.jpg

IMG_0066e.jpg

IMG_0071e.jpg

IMG_0076e.jpg

Signing out book, first post was beginning 1999, and a drawing dating back to 4/12/74 :D.

IMG_0074e.jpg

IMG_0082e.jpg

We wandered right down to the end and found easy access to the track, brings you out by the huge Tunnels, near the robot spraying line. Didnt bother with that again tho.

Next we headed back to the Reception, to the Grand staircase, i say grand, its almost tacky. Walking up the stairs, first thing you see is a Giant Peugeot badge.

IMG_0085e.jpg

Playing with Torch Light
IMG_0098e.jpg

G

Goldeeno

Re: Peugeot Ryton Plant, Coventry - 17/10/07 - Reception, Offices and Roof - REPORT

Manufacturing Directors Office

IMG_0087e.jpg

IMG_0089e.jpg

IMG_0091e.jpg

Board Room - Well to me the statistics are looking pretty good, altho theres a number 80 at the top, date possibly?
IMG_0092e.jpg

The Company Code and Working Practice.
IMG_0096e.jpg

Chav style bonnet, missing its big plastic bonnect scoop that does nothing. :D
IMG_0093e.jpg

And finally on a bloody freezing night, we descend onto the roof of the reception, altho we didnt say here long. Enough for a portrait.
IMG_0115e.jpg

Because we managed to again acess to the factory roof.

*CAUTION EXTREME DANGER*

Once up there we took extreme caution, the roof like any roof isnt great, so we took our time probably an hour lol! But Eventually we reached our target.

THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE PEUGEOT FACTORY on foot.

For you that know the place we made it upto the top of the 2 main cooling towers, you can see the gantry way quite clearly. And although my photos didnt turn out great, im still happy.

Coventry's Light Pollution - I can see my house from here!
IMG_0134e.jpg

IMG_0135e.jpg

And the other way across the Assembly line Roof.
IMG_0141e.jpg

And a stitch, altho the light from the nearby Security Office, the bright bit, ruined it a bit, but it shows pretty much the whole of coventry. You also get an amazing view of planes comming into land at Baginton, and the Thompson Jets.
Pano.jpg

Thanks to Dakota 79 again, good idea to go again :D really enjoyed it, after exspecting to find very little, turned out to be another greta night in Peugeot!

Cheers