real time web analytics
Report - - Peugeot Stoke Works, Coventry | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peugeot Stoke Works, Coventry

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Originally the Humber car factory, the Stoke Works saw it's last days as a car manufacturing plant under the ownership of Peugeot. Long since closed, a lot of the works has already been demolished for new developments. This part seems to have hung on though, along with the big power house at the back.

Visited with Dweeb, we didn't spend too long here as we were off elsewhere, but it was well worth a look. The boiler house was massive, and interesting as it was more or less intact, with control panels, boilers, compressors and a filing cabinet full of paperwork.

At one point a coach drove through the main works. I'm sure the driver must have seen me dive for cover but he didn't stop. I think they use the works to access a storage area out the back.

Asc_0086.jpg

Asc_0084.jpg

Dsc_0018.jpg

Dsc_0038.jpg

Dsc_0041.jpg

Dsc_0046.jpg

Dsc_0052.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Re: Peugeot Stoke Works, Coventry - REPORT

But the Ryton plant wasn't built until the 1930s. I think they were both at Stoke to start with - read this. There's also this photo on there...

humber_01.jpg

This photo, taken during the 1960s, shows the extent to which the combined Humber and Hillman factories has expanded into one another