real time web analytics
Photoshoots with models | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Photoshoots with models

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has anyone ever taken a model to a shoot?
We did today, was a bit risky as we were not guaranteed to get in but we did and we got a good 4 hour shoot. The model was beautiful and im so proud of the pics.
Just wondered if anyone have any shots they would like to share?
Will add one from today once I have looked through :-)

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Seems to be a popular thing on the internet, birds with tattoos stripping off in derelict buildings with the odd smoke grenade let off in the vicinity. There'll definitely be a serious community for it somewhere out there, but don't think it's alive and kicking on this forum...

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Im a member of a photography club and attend a lot of model studio shoots, i also do a lot of urbexing, and a friend from the club asked if i fancied taking a model to an urbex place so i thought i would give it a go and i have to say i love the pics, certainly beats to usual bloke in hoody with his arms folded shot that i see all too often lol

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I've done a few, with model friends in America. I don't claim to be an expert at it but I do enjoy it as something different. It's one aspect of photography - using both abandoned buildings and more 'normal' settings I've always wanted to get more into although all the plans are on the back burner for now.

Personally I think it makes a difference when the people you're shooting are also explorers (like I did), to simply just being models who may not have the same appreciation for an abandoned building - people who have experience at both aspects can potentially see and take advantage of the setting in a different way.

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wm_DSC_0677.jpg

EscapAda

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have a huge appreciation for model shoots in unconventional locations (urbex or not). It's a bit of a dream for me to be involved in something like that one day :)

@vw_golf_nutter I think your photography is fantastic by the way, very evocative! And your model is a stunner of course.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice that but I personally dont care much for the "media look models" why not do it yourself?
We are all human & I think capturing beauty in normalness is more appealing.
I suppose the advantage is a model has a skill set their self that adds to the image

tigger

mog
Regular User
More suited to a photogrpahy bulletin board (talkphotography is a good UK-based one though I'm not sure there is much of this type of photography on there).
The photograph inserted above says nothing to me other than that there's a posed model in a corridor. It doesn't even make me question 'why?'.
What is the narrative? It's missing that vital ingredient that would make it stand out as a photograph
If the model had been walking away in the distance, double exposure to make her more ethereal or slow shutter speed to show the movement away it might have said more - though hardly relevent to 28DL.

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
More suited to a photogrpahy bulletin board (talkphotography is a good UK-based one though I'm not sure there is much of this type of photography on there).
The photograph inserted above says nothing to me other than that there's a posed model in a corridor. It doesn't even make me question 'why?'.
What is the narrative? It's missing that vital ingredient that would make it stand out as a photograph
If the model had been walking away in the distance, double exposure to make her more ethereal or slow shutter speed to show the movement away it might have said more - though hardly relevent to 28DL.

Why isn't it relevant to 28DL? It's in an abandoned/derelict location which I've explored before... I always thought the corridors would look amazing as a background to a model shoot so went ahead and did it.
I have many other pics which do tell a bit of a story, just posted one as an example because I didn't want to spam the forum up with them.
My post was purely to see if anyone else had tried something like this, was interested to see examples.

For me it was a cool shoot, I have a few pics I really like but I don't think I will be doing it again, just going to stick to exploring places and doing photo reports, most places are interesting enough on their own without needing a person in the pics

Who has read this thread (Total: 256) View details