real time web analytics
Report - - Pirelli Factory & Works - Burton Upon Trent - January 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pirelli Factory & Works - Burton Upon Trent - January 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Pirelli Works - Burton Upon Trent - January 2012

Visited with Host, Oldskool And Decender

DSC_1076.jpg

Firstly many thanks to Decender for coming along again. Well my oh my what a surprise this turned out to be. We've already seen Decender's excellent report from the warehouse area, we knew there was more, it had to be done. Well worth the effort in the end, the boiler house was a real treat, I've never seen a boiler so big, ever.

This derelict side of the site is tucked away within the current full steam ahead live Pirelli manufacturing site. As I hope you'd know Pirelli manufacture Tyre's and rubber products, but history on this site is scarce at best, all I know is it is up for redevlopment...

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg
DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg
DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0985.jpg

From the warehouse side of the site it tempts you over, looming miserably, large glass panes giving away hints of pipes and other big industrial material, the boiler house / plant site. So we went for a poke about, found our way inside, and there it was...

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_1005.jpg

DSC_1007.jpg
DSC_1013.jpg

DSC_1010.jpg

DSC_1034.jpg

DSC_1019.jpg
DSC_1015.jpg

DSC_1017.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg
DSC_1049.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg
DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1056.jpg

DSC_1035.jpg
DSC_1064.jpg

DSC_1065.jpg

All in all, a very nice surprise and well earned all round from what we anticipated to be as empty as the warehouse, turns out it wasn't.

Cheers
:thumb

Noddy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This looks like the building I worked in about '65. Only mainframe computers in those days. I was part of a section on one of the upper floors and my job was to collect all the worksheets from the various tyre sections. The girls in the section had desk electro-mechanical calculators then worked out how many units each employee had earned. There was also a slipper manufacturing group on some of the other floors. As a very young immature lad, I was warned not to go there. Needless to say, I ventured in one day and quickly had to run for it chased by a number of the operators.