real time web analytics
Plastic/Fake Youtube urban explorers | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Plastic/Fake Youtube urban explorers

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

aksme

28DL Member
28DL Member
So. I have recently had some of the plastic urban explorers visit my property and "explore my abandoned building" that my dad and I sleep in. The property has since had a number of burglaries, fights with me, my dad and my father having to protect our property and 3 arrests.
These "urbexers" are from the fake Youtube me2 community, the main one who started the issues is well known as one of the plastic urbexers - Can someone (ideally an Admin or @Speed) do a guide for these urban explorers so they know the law - Trespass is not always a civil matter - breaking and entering is a criminal offence (regardless on if something is stolen or not)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Unfortunately it’s not anyones issue to sort other than your own really.

There’s many people partaking in this silly hobby these days to know what’s right and wrong.

No amount of ‘guides’/warnings etc from anyone are going to deter anyone determined enough to see something. Why would we even endeavour to get involved as it basically goes against the grain to which the motivation exits in the first instance to explore.

I wish you well :thumb

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Unfortunately they just don't listen. I fact I think they almost revell in the fact they are upsetting people. It's part of getting the 'stuff almost happened' events in their videos. If you upset someone you get more views I guess.

I'm glad you can see they aren't really urban explorers tho.

TheJungleBeast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seems these days half the Urbexers ( fucking hate the urbex term and don't count my self as one ) are just chavvy little criminals who will break into anything to get some shit photos and a few likes, doesn't help when some of the bigest on youtube are clearly breaking into these houses and places, seen them with tin snips and bolt croppers they think are hidden from camera view, while stepping through a very clearly freshly broken door or lock.
Feel bad for you dude, a home is supposed to be your safe place, hope this problem goes away.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Please be aware this forum is not youtube or associated with it and is, in the main, an anti youtube forum.

While it is devastating to you what has been happening (and quite rightly so) there is nothing we as a community can do to help you in this as it is not us that need a guide nor is it the duty of the site to educate the unwashed of the youtube 'urbex' crowd.

Just like that nob that has been caught carving his name into the colloseum recently they think they can do as they like to get social likes and the more exposure they get the more likes they get, if they can boast someone tried to fight them on site they are even happier.

Moving forward here are some suggestions that may help you better than making this thread here (which incidentally may have got a better reception if it was a friendly information post suggesting place X is not abandoned and it would be appreciated if it wasn't visited).

Put a sign or 2 up saying your property is not abandoned and people are living in it. You're right not all trespass is a civil matter but it's unlikely your living in a building that constitutes criminal trespass. Breaking and entering most definitely is a crime though but the two instances are different.
Suggest trespassers will be prosecuted on all signs.

Go through YouTube and list off those people with videos showing them on your property, take screen shots or ideally rip the video then launch proceedings against them, the evidence is there and the police can trace them. Even if its a no win no fee company and you get no money out of it you set the precedent that trespassers are not welcome.

Make sure your property is secure and if possible equipped with security cameras even if its a hidden trail camera pointing at entrances its a visual evidence that the police can act on.

Call the police to every instance and make sure they are fully aware your property is being invaded, ask for regular drive bys.

Photograph your property including all security and doors. When someone enters your property uninvited you then have somthing to show the police what has been broken or stolen.

I think i speak for everyone in saying we're sorry to hear your being broken into but now you've got to be more proactive than fighting with intruders and grumbling on an exploring forum.
Good luck.