real time web analytics
Report - - Plumstead Mental Hospital - Asylum Aug 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Plumstead Mental Hospital - Asylum Aug 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

leelewis1982

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a repeated place and one that the whole of OS and 28DL and all others know.
I stumbled across a old report on another forum and since havent seen many others post so here it is..

Little Plumstead was home to Norfolk’s main “mental deficiency colony”. In recent years, it has closed down. Sadly a lot of the buildings have been demolished to make way for housing. Part of the site remains in use as a hospital. This section is due to close soon, with around 100 patients moving to community-based services.

It has since demolished a lot of buildings including the pool leaving only 6 derelict standing buildings caked with decay and fragile floors.
The hall itself attracts a lot of explorers and ghost hunters and has seen fire damage and metal thievery as well as tagger.

IMG_6994_zps1tjbhbep.jpg
'] View attachment 652708 [/URL][/URL]

The upstairs of all the buildings in which extensive decay can be seen, warped floors, carpet going down into the non exsistant rafters and debris and scattered paper everywhere plus that lovely smell of dampness and black mould that we all love... masks are needed although ive never worn one.

IMG_6995_zpswprjbw0d.jpg
'] View attachment 652710 [/URL][/URL]

The inside of the hall is to me like a chateu whilst ive only ever seen one on groups or forums its very simliar with its arch designs and colours.

IMG_6918_zpsgovv97ga.jpg
'] View attachment 652712 [/URL][/URL]

Every time i have gained access and seen this place, it draws me in i cant explain the feel in the hall but its almost like you are being watched and waiting for a zombie to smash through a door and come and bite you.
There is so much decay the floors upstairs are gone in some areas and in others there simply is no floor at all, Trollys left, files scattered, medical reports everywhere, spend needles and some aperatus is left.

IMG_6927_zpsgmwe2vws.jpg
'] View attachment 652714 [/URL][/URL]

IMG_6932_zpswlmabmok.jpg
'] View attachment 652716 [/URL][/URL]

Massive rooms for treatment as seen from very old pictures of the place, The asylum itself seemed to have a ward for un married women who were pregnant and were made to be treated as the public rejected them (Information to be confirmed), However no evidence of this has been seen.

One of the rooms

View attachment 652717 '] View attachment 652718 [/URL][/URL]

IMG_6940_zpseifxnozq.jpg
'] View attachment 652720 [/URL][/URL]

This was once a day centre living quarters from the evidence we have gathered (TBC)

IMG_6941_zpsy2qk4ln4.jpg
'] View attachment 652722 [/URL][/URL]

The once grand staircase now trashed.

IMG_6978_zpsu80mqzk1.jpg
'] View attachment 652724 [/URL][/URL]

The views from a very weak lead floor on the turret roof.

IMG_6980_zps1gppfhtb.jpg
'] View attachment 652726 [/URL][/URL]

It has since been boarded up and checked on at regular intervals due to the amount of breaking in the building's recieve with thick ply and mastic being placed and security screws everywhere entrance other than the local kids breaking in is almost impossible to gain entry at least without doing it the naughty way which i personally dont agree with.

The final image from one of the rooms...
Im a celebrity GET ME OUTTA HERE! haha

IMG_6984_zpscpeyezjn.jpg
'] View attachment 652728 [/URL][/URL]

Thanks for reading the report.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like it would have been a nice place in it's day.

Nice set of photos you have there too :thumb