real time web analytics
Report - - Pocock Brothers Padded Cell - Haslar Psychiatric Block - Nov 2014 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pocock Brothers Padded Cell - Haslar Psychiatric Block - Nov 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
kroy-gasmask_zps42d3fda2.jpg

:D

seriously tho, brilliant stuff... and just goes to show how perseverance pays off as well as the time, effort put in. 300+ mile round trip for a single room may be a record.... but the quality speaks for itself.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Also can mods stop deleting posts from this thread. Either close it and delete all posts or leave them all. I don't take part in one sided discussions.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Also can mods stop deleting posts from this thread. Either close it and delete all posts or leave them all. I don't take part in one sided discussions.

Neither of those are going to happen. I see no reason why an uncontrolled bitch fest should fester away here, and at the same time why should we close the thread to relevant comments?

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Id love to do a face to face debate about this shit, no one interfering trying to censor people they dont like or goons wading in with irrelevant comments every couple of posts. Forums are shit

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It's not censoring people we don't like. It's removing irrelevant content and keeping some sort of order.

In any case, we're certainly not going to allow WDF and every other non-posting hater to post shit just because we found one of their secrets.

And it's a foregone conclusion that I'm not taking bullshit directed at myself at all.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The muppets with 6 posts who joined in 2006/2007 who just seem to come along and cause bother when it suits just need to go IMO

We'll discuss some pruning off line I think

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Id love to do a face to face debate about this shit, no one interfering trying to censor people they dont like or goons wading in with irrelevant comments every couple of posts. Forums are shit

Forums are shit sometimes but with the greatest of respect mate, without moderation this would just gravitate to name calling and handbags, I reckon if you rocked up on Facey or somewhere else and posted a thread that provokes strong feeling or perhaps even implying that some members or readers are somewhat lax in their exploring activities or tenacity, you would get short shrift and probably ridiculed as being a bit silly and a no holds barred slaughter would ensue. Horses are all suited to very different courses and just because you are giving the impression of being at the cutting edge doesn't mean that everyone else should be or even has the inclination or desire to be there too. I dont think that I have seen a report from you perched on the jib of a crane but the lads who do high stuff probably dont mind about that, and certainly wouldnt call you out for it although you may see some of these people dabbling happily in derps too without feeling aloof about being fearless at height. In short mate, we are all doing this at different levels and the lad or lass who follows the tourist trail today may be the Speed of tomorrow ;)give them a break :)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
agree with your sentiment speed..you do have a very subtle way with wordss but you have hit the nail on the head..so whos the first one to do a page three in the cell.:D

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Forums are shit sometimes but with the greatest of respect mate, without moderation this would just gravitate to name calling and handbags, I reckon if you rocked up on Facey or somewhere else and posted a thread that provokes strong feeling or perhaps even implying that some members or readers are somewhat lax in their exploring activities or tenacity, you would get short shrift and probably ridiculed as being a bit silly and a no holds barred slaughter would ensue. Horses are all suited to very different courses and just because you are giving the impression of being at the cutting edge doesn't mean that everyone else should be or even has the inclination or desire to be there too. I dont think that I have seen a report from you perched on the jib of a crane but the lads who do high stuff probably dont mind about that, and certainly wouldnt call you out for it although you may see some of these people dabbling happily in derps too without feeling aloof about being fearless at height. In short mate, we are all doing this at different levels and the lad or lass who follows the tourist trail today may be the Speed of tomorrow ;)give them a break :)

Yeh im sure there's plenty of people who just want to go out for a mooch around somewhere nice every other month, i don't really have a problem with that. I don't really have a problem with what anyone does specifically tbh. I do feel as a community tho we need to up the pace a bit. I feel its left to a select few to do all the hard work while others just follow and sponge and take the attitude of 'well its ok because im just doing what i want to do and enjoying myself'... well no sorry! The information you used to find the place or get in the place originated somewhere and you should really think about how sustainable the hobby is relying on an ever dwindling fraction of its participants propping it up.. In a way its ok because i enjoy the hard work and it kind of makes it easier to find stuff having little competition about but in a way i hate how things keep getting missed time and time again. I feel sorry for people who genuinely have never experienced finding something epic like this cell because it is a lot different to just going and visiting one you know will be there.

If a handful of people reading this have thought twice about what they do or have been inspired in the slightest then its been worth it for me. Even if you think im the biggest cunt on the face of the earth please just take a second to stop picking holes in what i write and taking things personally and just give it a go! Its a negative message yes but with a positive cause!

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
See Speed, I am passionate about vintage watches and I have actually built more than a few from parts that I have sourced from various places but I would never lambaste anyone who just goes out and buys what I have poured over for months to construct, and I would never EVER see anyone as inferior or lazy for doing so, I may feel smug and a bit of a smartarse but I also fully understand that people lead busy lives and NOT everyone is committed to my degree despite loving the end product, but one thing is a dead cert, I wouldnt go onto a watch forum and start browbeating them for it, I wouldnt have the front.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I would suggest that if you are so concerned about the quality of the present generation of explorers, then why not get the bit between your teeth and get some of them out with you and show them the ropes, that would help a great deal more then posting a report and then goading about inadequacy....hey, people would respect you for it rather than just reading stuff like this and thinking... WTF. or perhaps you are not interested to THAT degree!

Who has read this thread (Total: 798) View details