real time web analytics
Report - - Portland House, Aldermaston - August 2021 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Portland House, Aldermaston - August 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Four police cars! you dont get that around here for mass murder.
I had a teenage boy living with us a few yrs ago. ( mother kicked him out) His brother committed a murder and was on the run. Armed police attended my home looking for the brother, only 1 car and 3 armed officers! True story!

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
Banned
The police numbers are ridiculous compared to actual emergencies or crimes.

Had a look round this building quickly after doing the hall a few months ago. A security man had been alerted of our presence (cctv somewhere) by Portland but we survived the hall! Odd when so many get caught at the hall, even my mate did the next time she went (tasers and everything!). And it was only a single security man that told us to leave Portland (though not before he kindly allowed us to check out the lake). Timing is everything as they say!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
The police numbers are ridiculous compared to actual emergencies or crimes.

Had a look round this building quickly after doing the hall a few months ago. A security man had been alerted of our presence (cctv somewhere) by Portland but we survived the hall! Odd when so many get caught at the hall, even my mate did the next time she went (tasers and everything!). And it was only a single security man that told us to leave Portland (though not before he kindly allowed us to check out the lake). Timing is everything as they say!
They threatened your mate with tasers?

Salad_Dodger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Given the amount of 70's / 80's architecture now being given listed status I'm surprised it hasn't been done to this stunning building. Very odd to get that level of response from the Rozzers even if they were MOD and the AWE is next door

Last edited:

Fifth horseman

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice.
Small correction - Pic#21 is actually showing the gas burners for the boilers - bloody huge things compared to domestic ones though. To put into perspective a domestic boiler generates around 15-30KW heat output whereas the ones here can generate between 1000KW to 2500KW of heat.

mikeholt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Photo 15 looks like an air conditioning chiller. R22 is the refrigerant gas intended to be used. These machines chill water to just above freezing point, this chilled water is pumped to air handling units, fan coil units, or means of cooling offices and similar places.
A second water circuit carries water at about blood heat this is the waste heat produced by the chiller, it is cooled by a cooling tower and then re-used. I used to maintain similar equipment

jumperman

28DL Member
28DL Member
I used to work there when it was being built, on security. Fantastic estate with a lot of history. When watching the new star wars series Andor, the reception atrium was used as the location of corporate security, I recognised it immediately having spent so much time in it.

jumperman

28DL Member
28DL Member
Here is a screenshot from Andor

20221007_220954.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 287) View details