real time web analytics
Report - - Portsdown naval fuel bunker | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Portsdown naval fuel bunker

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
well me and the mrs finally got out last night to our first ever explore and visited the now unsealed ports down naval fuel bunker,

we found and opening in the fence surrounding the entrance then was greeted by the wonderful sight of the tunnel entrance, we had to slide a very heavy steel door and concrete block to gain entrance which led straight to a very steep slope down into the tunnel so we made our way in.

What a place is it very eary and very interesting explore, there's not too much down there apart from some old winches and a lot of pipework. we managed to explore one whole level which consisted of a very steep slope into the tunnel and then roughly what seemed around a mile of tunnel with little rooms off too the left every so often which housed the winched and more pipe work and what seems inspection hatches, we continued all the way to the end of the tunnel and was greeted by big steel doors welded shut and another room on the right which had what looked like a prison cell door.

when then doubled back on our selves and fund another room on the left which had a lot of valves in and yet more pipe work and in the corner a ladder down to the next level but as we got down the ladder to the next level we were halted and couldn't go no further due to being flooded by around 4 foot of water, oil and god knows what other chemicals, we got as far as what we think is the main pump room which still has all the huge pumps and motors in, after looking around in there we noticed another door too the right leading somewhere else and a set of stairs straight across leading to another part, there is a route across if you climbed over the pumps but due to having the Mrs with me I decided that probably wouldn't be the best idea.

so we stood and had a good look at what we could see then made our way back out and was sure to slide the steel plate back in front of the entrance so it was left the same as when we arrived then made our way back out of the fence and headed home leaving nothing but footprints and memories from what was our first explore and to be honest the fuel bunker will stick in our memories for a long time, its a really amazing place and will be surely heading back more and more as long as the entrance does get sealed up again.

sorry but never wrote one of these reports before, hopefully I get better with more experience.

but all in all very very interesting place to explore and will defiantly be going back again and again.

on too the next location......

Richard + Amber