real time web analytics
Report - - PowerGen Building, Parkgate, Shirley, Birmingham - May 2013 | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - PowerGen Building, Parkgate, Shirley, Birmingham - May 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw this pop up in the local news again the other day - would quite like a visit, have lived in Shirley since I was about 3 and always wondered what it'd be like to go inside there. Any chance of any of anybody wanting to go in again?
I'll message you mate

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well maybe if people would give some helpful information and tips about filming to newcomers instead of moaning like bitches.... the world would be a better place :thumb

Last edited:

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The time to strike may be now. Plans to demolish may swing into action within weeks? http://powergenshirley.co.uk/shirley-advance-submits-planning-application-for-former-powergen-site/
You aren't wrong, they will have to approve the plans but I've no doubt they will approve now, after being inside. Julian Knight, Tory MP for Solihull, is a liar when he says its not suitable for re-purpose. It absolutely is. His excuse was structural failure from what I remember. Well I've been inside and structurally its a relatively new building. Of course, you can tell a few massive porky's when no fucker is allowed to have a look. I assume the rumours of rape, which I now believe, and the MI5 bollocks probably aren't doing much good in terms of saving it.

DocDelete

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
<Sighs> Couldn't agree more. Phrases bandied about like 'local eyesore' rally piss me off. How is replace a piece of Madin's brutalist legacy to Brum with more anonymous concrete cubes going to look any better? The reason why the place is an eyesore is simply because it's been neglected. Any building would come up short after neglect of 20 years.

I half-heartedly tried to look for discreet access to the site recently, but ran out of time and cycled off. I'm guessing there's a way through from the car parks at the rear, a service road or somesuch?

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spot on, why they wouldn't want to keep such a recognisable structure is beyond me. It could have been used for so much for all of these years and ASDA just locked it up until they got what they wanted.

As for the way in, there are several if you have the time, I did it with a massive hangover, and I'm very unfit. I'm definitely taking an asbestos mask next time, we looked like radical Islamists with our jackets covering our faces.

Are you interested in going in? We would like a few more people with us next time to look behind this creepy curtain we found, we just flapped it and fucked off.

DocDelete

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll think about it - but don't delay on my account. I think it's best to fly solo, or maybe two maximum just in case someone breaks a leg - any more is tricky to explain to neanderthal security personnel ;)

Haha, it'd be fun to turn up in suits and ties with clipboards, and nice big blue Tory rosettes...