real time web analytics
Report - - Pre Retail Services - Castle Mill - Oldham - 15/05/10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pre Retail Services - Castle Mill - Oldham - 15/05/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Pre Retail Services - Oldham - Castle Mill - 15/05/10

Visited Solo this morning.

I've been wanting to do this for a while, so decided, amongst other things that I'd do it today.

The history on this place, of which I am a very small part of, as I worked here briefly a couple of years ago.

Pre-Retail Services were/are effectively a storage, packaging and distribution company, with two sites, this one at castle mill, and another (Live) in Ashton Under Lyne.

DSC_0134-2.jpg

Im unaware of its past use before PRS, but since being vacated the place has deteriorated quickly, with lots of leaks but very minimal vandalism. Its strange, because it's how I remember it, dull, cold, smelly and wet.

Reception

DSC_0081.jpg

As a returning guest, this made me feel unwelcome.

DSC_0042-1.jpg

Its funny, I always remember spirits being high in this place.

DSC_0053-1.jpg

A typical pre-fab corridor, lots of paperwork and computer bits left behind.

DSC_0072.jpg

Including this piece of futuristic technology...

DSC_0074.jpg

Also left was this rather large double doored safe.

DSC_0071.jpg

Upper Mill floors

These pictures might not really show it, but this was a really dirty and desolate mill, damp was present, floorboards were brittle and paint was peeling, even whilst I worked there.

So lets carry on upstairs...

DSC_0043.jpg

This may also be known as a water closet.

DSC_0044.jpg

Paint also hung from the ceilings

DSC_0022.jpg

And another flight...

DSC_0019-1.jpg

!!BUT THEN OH NOES!!

DSC_0004.jpg

Panic ensued, I thought they were to seal me in, because I know NIC undertake a variety of tasks. Im alone, its about 6 in the morning, shit.
So I heard them enter the mill and decided to confront them, anyway, turns out they were just doing asbestos removal and were actually pretty ok, I think I scared them more than they scared me;)

Anyway...

Most of the mill floors are similair, unfortunately I cannot remember which floor is which but here we go...

Upper Mill floors (Continued)

DSC_0002.jpg

Plenty of stock has been left behind.

DSC_0010.jpg

These racks would have held hundreds if not thousands of garments.

DSC_0062.jpg

Perspective

DSC_0063-1.jpg

Stickers, there's plenty of these in this place too, which would all have been used to stick on clothes hangers.

DSC_0094.jpg

Continued...

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details