real time web analytics
Question - - Predannack Airfield entry | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Predannack Airfield entry

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Farney97

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all, I'm visiting Cornwall and I want to check out Predannack Airfield, does anyone know the best place to park up/ what part of the area is legal for me to go and explore in? Thanks all

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
None of it's 'legal' to explore in as it's still used for training exercises, but the access isn't exactly challenging off the public footpaths at the back of the site.

Ordinary-Walrus776

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't mean to be "that person" but I'm local to the area and highly recommend you don't visit there. It's still an active airfield, might not seem it but it is. There are signs up to say no entry, but like Mookster says, it isn't exactly challenging off the public footpaths. You could get away with being on there, it's rare that people are caught but I wouldn't like to risk that with a military airfield.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You could argue that there is no sign or so much as a fence if you go in from correct direction, I wounder how they stand when you can actually "accidentally roam! onto it?

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Best option is to go and suss it out for yourself mate. I would say just be very weary if it’s a live airfield - the ramifications of getting caught can be very far from that of your soggy hoarder’s house and abandoned asylum. The key is in the word ‘live’.. by all means go and do it - those places can be great fun; just take it steady.

RE-Svy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Live airfield and exceptionally busy during the day and evenings. Regularly patrolled by Mil Guard Service. Get caught and you stand a good chance of the local civ police being involved. Your call!!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Live airfield and exceptionally busy during the day and evenings. Regularly patrolled by Mil Guard Service. Get caught and you stand a good chance of the local civ police being involved. Your call!!

Yet many people have explored it successfully including one who said when he was doing it there were families with kids who'd wandered in as well. If it's regularly patrolled they obviously aren't doing a good job.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Piece of piss when I went middle of a weekday in the summer! It's a large area so u would do well to get caught there, I don't know anyone who has?

Scarlet_rouge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Piece of piss when I went middle of a weekday in the summer! It's a large area so u would do well to get caught there, I don't know anyone who has?
I have... but got a good way round first. There were people there from the bird protection thingy that are allowed access on site and think they dobbed us in. Got asked what we were doing, how we got in, and then asked to turn around and leave. Nice guys actually, so long as you're polite to them. Got attacked by horse flies on the journey though and rather sunburnt so watch out for that!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I have... but got a good way round first. There were people there from the bird protection thingy that are allowed access on site and think they dobbed us in. Got asked what we were doing, how we got in, and then asked to turn around and leave. Nice guys actually, so long as you're polite to them. Got attacked by horse flies on the journey though and rather sunburnt so watch out for that!

I'd of been OK then if that happened to me I was carrying my 600mm lens & rspb card lol
It's just the military u really don't want to get caught by I guess

Who has read this thread (Total: 226) View details