real time web analytics
Report - - Providence Tower, London (April-July 2015) | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Providence Tower, London (April-July 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mdk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone,

This is my first report on here (so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules or anything!)

Providence Tower is a 44 storey tower near Canary Wharf, still under construction though I believe it's meant to be completed by September this year. Absolutely incredible views of the Thames, Canary Wharf, the Olympic stadium in the distance, and the rest of the city up there.

I've made my way to the roof 4/5 times over the past few months now, they've very nearly completed the exterior walls all the way to the top so be quick if you're looking to explore! Entry is piss easy :thumb

This is a compilation of some of the shots I've captured up there over the past few months (apologies for not shooting more angles than this - I'm a little too picky about my shots):

Photography equipment I use - for anyone interested:
Nikon D610
Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 OS
Sigma 15mm f/2.8
Sigma 20-40 f/2.8
Sigma 35mm f/1.4
GoPro Hero 3

April 2015:
_DSC5701-2.jpg

_DSC5707.jpg

May 2015:
_DSC5798-2.jpg

_DSC5825-5.jpg

_DSC5818-9.jpg

_DSC5921.jpg

_DSC5935-4.jpg

_DSC5941-12.jpg

July 2015, explored with a friend - we'll be publishing a few reports together:
_DSC7664.jpg

_DSC7692.jpg

Snip20150705_1.jpg

The above shot is a screenshot from my GoPro (are videos allowed?) I have compiled a 1m20s video with music from my most recent visit with a friend... if it's okay i'll add it afterwards.

EDIT: Removed watermarks and toned down on the saturation (Sorry, as a landscape + cityscape photographer my post-processing is usually quite colourful and vibrant :p)
-mdk

Last edited:

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Good effort, it sure is a nice tower. Although don't dig the processing or watermark.

The_Raw

Staff member
As far as first reports go I think you've done pretty well here. Some nice shots although perhaps a bit OTT on the saturation in places, I still like most of them though :thumb

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some fantastic shots in there man, lose the watermark maybe but apart from that, nice little write up :thumb welcome

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Proccessing is not great really but otherwise your pictures would be proper nice.
However that last picture is sick :p
Did you see the fox on the stairs? :D

The_Raw

Staff member
Whatever you've changed has got rid of your pics mate, was fine beforehand.

mdk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers for the positive feedback + criticisms everyone!

Raw, the photos should be back up now... have toned down on the saturation and got rid of the watermarks (sorry, as a hobbyist landscape + cityscape photographer I have a habit of making my post-processing quite colourful and vibrant!)

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Some stunning shots there. And nice to see what equipment was used. Nice little touch that

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details