real time web analytics
Report - - Punch Lodge - Surrey - April 2017 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Punch Lodge - Surrey - April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alain

Cameraphone king
28DL Full Member
So Carewell Lodge was set on fire on Saturday and has been properly gutted. Assholes :mad:

That's a real shame, the place had a lot of potential. They were (very slowly) starting to do it up as well

jonf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went there today. Not safe to go inside or even close. Serious fire has destroyed the interior and roof, and now the chimneys are bowing inwards. Someone has started to clear the site so it looks like demolition of what's left followed by redevelopment.

jonf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm a new member so my posts sit awaiting moderation. Once this has gone through I'll post some pics.

jonf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So, here are some pics. Could be the last chance to see it, I reckon the site will be levelled soon. Definietely NOT safe to go in now. Chimneys look like they could topple at any time. A shame.

Given the amount of efffort that's gone into clearing the site I think it's being redeveloped. It's within the planning envelope of the village so a developer could get planning permission. No planning notices as yet, so it look speculative at this stage but given what's been permitted elsewhere in the area I think it will be granted.

IMG_8919.JPG

IMG_8923.JPG

IMG_8925.JPG

IMG_8927.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

IMG_8932.JPG

Truffle6

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is so sad. I went here recently, and the whole place had been vandalised. It was set on fire and is now awaiting demolition. Its real name is Carewell Lodge; I feel I can share this as it will soon be totally gone.

received_409537996504696.jpeg

jonf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ressurecting this ancient thread, I went there again recently. I don't know if it's down to COVID, Brexit or the general state of the economy, but nothing has really changed in the last two and a half years. The building still lists dangerously, no work has been done for ages and the site is beginning to get wild again. The gates, which were sagging open, have been shored up and a bit of fencing put round, but it's still not very secure and no demolition has happened.