real time web analytics
Report - - PZ Cussons, Nottingham, Oct 10 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - PZ Cussons, Nottingham, Oct 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

VDUB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
when the rumour about this factory was posted up in sept i thought, right thats it i'm doing it, so here we go, this is my first report so go easy on me.

Gerard Bros. Ltd. was a manufacturer of personal healthcare products. The company was founded in 1897, and Mr Thomas B. Gerard was voted its first chairman. The company established a factory in Wilkinson Street, New Basford, Nottingham. The factory was built on a 14-acre site and pumped water from the River Leen. In 1921 the factory was severely damaged by fire, but the subsequent rebuild afforded the opportunity to expand the factory.

In 1955 the company was acquired by Cussons Sons & Co., chaired by Leslie Cussons makers of the famous brand Cussons Imperial Leather soap. After the acquisition Cussons kept the Gerard Bros. factory in use.

In 1975 Cussons Sons & Co. were themselves acquired by Paterson Zochonis (recently renamed to PZ Cussons). In 2005 PZ Cussons finally closed the old Gerard Bros. factory and manufacturing was moved to Thailand, the site is going to be leveled and turned into a new housing estate with approx 160 new homes.

photos taken with a cybershot dsc-w270 (no pod)

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00372-Copy-Copy.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00348-Copy-Copy.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

i know there not the most amazing of pictures but ive done the best i could with what i've got.

just for the record though, all the cameras on the site are working and streaming live to the security room (we saw this) and it is 24/7 security, so asking and hoping the guards take you around is pretty much the only option.

cheers for looking.

Vdub

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details