real time web analytics
Report - - Nottingham Guildhall and Police Station - February 2024 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nottingham Guildhall and Police Station - February 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tobin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
THE HISTORY

Nottingham Guildhall was built in 1887 to 1888 to replace the previous Nottingham Guild Hall on Weekday Cross.
Following a competition with Alfred Waterhouse as the judge, the French Renaissance Revival design by the architects Thomas Verity and George Henry Hunt was chosen.
Gabbutts of Liverpool were chosen as contractors much to the annoyance of local building companies.
The initial estimate for the building was £128,416 (equivalent to £13,759,981 in 2021), and immediately the council asked Verity and Hunt to simplify the design.
The building as erected contained the Police (magistrates') Court. the Central Police Station and the new Fire Station.
(Shameless wiki copy, sorry)

THE EXPLORE

A pretty spontaneous visit one Saturday morning, very uneventful but a nice mooch none the less.The place is pretty trashed compared to a few years back, but ill share my experience with you anyway.

_MG_0454-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0459-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0464-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0465-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0475-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0476-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0479-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0489-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0490-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0492-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0494-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0495-Enhanced-NR.jpg

_MG_0506-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0513-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0518-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0523-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0533-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0538-Enhanced-NR-2-HDR.jpg

_MG_0543-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

Thanks for looking

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
pretty clean when I did it here Report - - Nottingham Guildhall / Courts- Feb 22 | Other Sites

I agree its fkin terrible & cant believe its been open for 2yr & they just dont give a fk about it
I hate seeing lovely places get tagged like, what goes through someone’s head when they see something pristine and think ‘yeah I want to put squiggly lines on it’

If it was coloquix art or something then it wouldn’t be too bad but it’s always the shite tags

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I hate seeing lovely places get tagged like, what goes through someone’s head when they see something pristine and think ‘yeah I want to put squiggly lines on it’

If it was coloquix art or something then it wouldn’t be too bad but it’s always the shite tags
totally agree, I guess its the same mentality who set fire to places, all very odd IMO

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice update. The place is still very much worth a look. Great photos, the opening shot and the stairs are my favs :)

dctraining

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks super cool! I've seen this from the outside but didn't realize it was so beautiful on the inside. I was a bit worried about disturbing anyone taking shelter there, did you run in to any problems?

Who has read this thread (Total: 176) View details