real time web analytics
Report - - Queen Elizabeth Barracks (Boyce Barracks/Haig Lines), Fleet, Hants 20/06/2010 Part-2 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Queen Elizabeth Barracks (Boyce Barracks/Haig Lines), Fleet, Hants 20/06/2010 Part-2

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SgtSam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WARNING - VERY PICTURE HEAVY

Part 2-Messes and Clubs
I’m not going to cover the history again, as it’s all in part ONE of the reports.

For Part - 1 with Camp History, Click the link below
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=51321

Most Army camps will have a number of Messes and/or Clubs, normally Officers Mess, Sergeants & Warrant Officers Mess, Corporals Mess and a Junior or Other/All Ranks Club.

I managed to find all the above on QE Barracks. The only one I was unable to get into was the Other Ranks Cook House as this was being used for storage. But I was able to get in to the all the Messes, I was very shocked to find the JRs Club was better fitted out then the Officers or Sgts mess, the only thing I can think of is that they stripped the messes when they left.

The Sgts mess was very plain and typical. The officers mess was decorated with some amazing pictures from their very last party.

We found an additional Bar in the training wing as well. My guess this was an ‘easy’ room for those on courses with 28 AEC rather than a bar.

The Officers Mess

MessesClubs8.jpg

MessesClubs9.jpg

MessesClubs10.jpg

MessesClubs11.jpg

MessesClubs12.jpg

MessesClubs14.jpg

MessesClubs15.jpg

MessesClubs17.jpg

MessesClubs18.jpg

MessesClubs16.jpg

The Sergeants And WOs Mess

MessesClubs1.jpg

MessesClubs.jpg

MessesClubs2.jpg

MessesClubs3.jpg

MessesClubs5.jpg

MessesClubs6.jpg

MessesClubs7.jpg

Other Ranks & Corporls Mess with NAFFI

MessesClubs19.jpg

MessesClubs21.jpg

MessesClubs22.jpg

MessesClubs23.jpg

"There must be a Beer round here somewhere?"

MessesClubs24.jpg

"Ah...! Whats That?"

MessesClubs25.jpg

"Gutted, it's empty"

MessesClubs27.jpg

MessesClubs28.jpg

MessesClubs31.jpg

MessesClubs32.jpg

The Camp Spar Shop

MessesClubs30.jpg

MessesClubs29.jpg

A very strange false wall at the back of the JR Club leading to 4 accommodation rooms? :confused

Look forward to Part 3... Traininig Wing And Cinemas!

Last edited:

SgtSam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have just been corrected in posting too many reports of the same place (Slap my wrist) So I’ll tag the rest on here over the next 2 days.

Part 3 – Training Wing and Cinemas

We stumbled on the training we by total accident, outside it looks like a normal accommodation block, but we saw an open door of a different style, so had to take a look.

There was clear signs of use of the TW after the camp was closed also looking round the site we found blood up walls, on windows and Police tape everywhere... Was a little worrying at first, until we worked out it must have been from various Police training exercises. It was only Cas-sim blood! <phew>

The Main cinema has been covered before, so only a few shots of that, but we also found a smaller cinema next door.
The projectors in the Main Cinema where just cool though!

Dsc_0153.jpg

Dsc_0157.jpg

Dsc_0159.jpg

Dsc_0162.jpg

A sound proof room, guessing where the Gurkha's did there english exams?

Dsc_0176.jpg

Cinemas

TrainingWing7.jpg

Dsc_0199.jpg

Dsc_0200.jpg

Dsc_0205.jpg

Dsc_0203.jpg

Dsc_0217.jpg

Dsc_0210.jpg

TrainingWing16.jpg

TrainingWing18.jpg

TrainingWing17.jpg

Police Traininig (We Hope):eek:

Camp8.jpg

Camp9.jpg

SgtSam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Part 4 – Accommodation

Just a few photos for the accommodation as it all pretty much looks the same.

The rooms are set up for 14 bed spaces in the main rooms 6 rooms to the block, there are side rooms just off the main ones, this was mainly for the Junior NCOs (Corporals), also one end of the main corridor is the toilets and the other end shower rooms.
The odd store room and drying rooms are also dotted around.

Accommodation18.jpg

Accommodation17.jpg

Accommodation16.jpg

Accommodation13.jpg

Accommodation12.jpg

Some of the rooms were still in a very good state

Accommodation1.jpg

Other Rooms were beoyond it!

Accommodation3.jpg

Accommodation6.jpg

A bit worrying in the shower rooms!

Accommodation5.jpg

Accommodation10.jpg

God save the Queen!

SgtSam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Last set... This was a big site, and managed to cover it all over 3 days. It’s always a shame to see places like this disappear into a modern housing estate. With over 60 years of British Military history within its fences. I just wanted to share as much as I can.

Part – 5 Military Transport (MT) Park

The MT park was in the south of the camp in a separate compound. Contained a very large vehicle parking area, and a number of garages and workshops. At the south of the park was a POL point with 2 pumps and office. I didn’t know it was there originally, but there was a 2nd 25m rifle range behind the park.

Dsc_0010.jpg

Dsc_0011.jpg

Dsc_0013.jpg

Dsc_0014.jpg

Dsc_0016.jpg

Dsc_0020.jpg

Dsc_0031.jpg

Dsc_0038.jpg

Dsc_0056.jpg

Dsc_0055.jpg

Dsc_0018.jpg

Dsc_0044.jpg

Dsc_0078.jpg

Dsc_0080.jpg

As I left the site, looking back, as daft as it sounds, felt a little sadness. :(

Thanks for looking!