real time web analytics
Report - - RAE Bedford 3×3, 8×8 & Canteen: August 2023. | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAE Bedford 3×3, 8×8 & Canteen: August 2023.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely covered and some great images, wouldn't mind another look around the wind tunnel building, must be 10 years ago since I did and my pics were proper shonky.
Thank you. Certain bits are more decayed now. One of the control rooms has got a leaky roof

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Wicked report, nice to see all three parts in one. Great shots and writeup as usual, the variety of focal lengths and types of shot is impressive. I could've absolutely cracked one out in that control room, dare I say one of the nicest things I've ever seen. There's something about that hum of the fluorescent lighting and how minimal the space is. You guys needed to try all the light switches! Also that 3x3 substation is cool.

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wicked report, nice to see all three parts in one. Great shots and writeup as usual, the variety of focal lengths and types of shot is impressive. I could've absolutely cracked one out in that control room, dare I say one of the nicest things I've ever seen. There's something about that hum of the fluorescent lighting and how minimal the space is. You guys needed to try all the light switches! Also that 3x3 substation is cool.
Thank you. Also, thanks for the heads up on the 8x8!

Really! You've just come back from Germany, I imagine there was some beautiful stuff there.

I really liked the substation, not very big and an absolute pain to photograph but still a bit different.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Thank you. Also, thanks for the heads up on the 8x8!

Really! You've just come back from Germany, I imagine there was some beautiful stuff there.

I really liked the substation, not very big and an absolute pain to photograph but still a bit different.
There was some wicked stuff in Germany, but this defo remains up there in the top 3 control rooms I've seen. I think if the lights didnt work and it was less original it wouldn't have been as good, but it felt like it hadn't lost an ounce of its original glory.

Yeah Im quite liking the electrical stuff lately, never really considered it until recent.

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There was some wicked stuff in Germany, but this defo remains up there in the top 3 control rooms I've seen. I think if the lights didnt work and it was less original it wouldn't have been as good, but it felt like it hadn't lost an ounce of its original glory.

Yeah Im quite liking the electrical stuff lately, never really considered it until recent.
Oh very much so, felt like it had shut down a couple of weeks ago, not all them years back.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your Europe bits!

Agree with the electricity stuff. Done water based buildings a lot recently so need to move on to electric ahaha.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Top stuff. Something for almost everyone there. Its aging beautifully. Love the peel and flora coming in. The control rooms are absolutely cracking. Well done guys :thumb

bollard

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably my favourite location of the last 5 years. I've been here so many times and spent many years trying to access the 8x8. Finally cracked it twice in the last 12 months.

Who has read this thread (Total: 199) View details