real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Fauld Ammunition Depot - March 2012 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Fauld Ammunition Depot - March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hpipe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, that's bloody lovely. Well done for keeping it under wraps for as long as you guys did.

newage

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Storming report OT, I saw the orignal picture on Tommo's mobile phone, but never made it up there, I know you
Guys were keeping the site under wraps, so good on ya.

Cheers for posting chap
newage

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Real shame about the place.....done it justice there OT, great report and images are crackin' :thumb

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Awesome stuff, I'd never even heard about this place or the explosion despite living so close!

Really nicely captured.

Poindexter (WW)

Wasteland Wanderer
28DL Full Member
Great report and images, looks like a classic site and one that many will wish they could have explored.
Considering the size of the explosion I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before.
Again, a shame that it's no longer possible to the people who deserve to actually experience it.

Good work, I'm envious.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
what goes around comes around 'again' and this may be the case here as well, as far as I can make out it was the crater end of the tunnels that were uncovered, and then backfilled, and that the 'front door' still exists as sealed steel doors?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
what goes around comes around 'again' and this may be the case here as well, as far as I can make out it was the crater end of the tunnels that were uncovered, and then backfilled, and that the 'front door' still exists as sealed steel doors?

There is no crater end of the tunnels mate.

AngryPaperUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
pretty new to this folks, looked so incredible, surely a tunnel system of this magnitude would have had more than one entrance? is it at all possible that a closer look and some research might reveal alternative ways to get in, I've just looked through the national archives for declassified material under the official secrets act and it seems that there is quite a lot of information, but none of which has been 'digitized' so you have to order the material, so not sure if it will help much but some contain site plans, maps etc.
Cross fingers.
I'm also aware that a public announcement of finds is pretty much a no!no!, can I just ask your advice on how its best to go about sharing information?

brewski

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow, this place looks incredible! would loved to have seen in here, shame its not possible, massive shame