real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Folkingham (vehicle graveyard), Lincolnshire, May13 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Folkingham (vehicle graveyard), Lincolnshire, May13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
I went to visit a mate who lives in Nowheresville, Lincolnshire, and on the way back, stopped off to see this place.

Kiesby Wood/RAF Folkingham is a former World War II Royal Air Force flying station in Lincolnshire. Opened in 1940, it was used by both the Royal Air Force and United States Army Air Force. During the war it was used primarily as a troop carrier airfield for airborne units and as a subsidiary training depot of the newly formed Royal Air Force Regiment.
During the late 1950s and early 1960s, the RAF Bomber Command used Folkingham as a PGM-17 Thor Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) base.

Today it is a graveyard for hundreds of tractors, JCBs, trucks, cranes, bulldozers, fire engines, oil tankers & agricultural machinery. All just left to rust on the old runways.

Visited on my own, on a fine spring day.

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

thanks for looking!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
IMO it's a polite request and I see no problem with you letting them use them as long as they credit you

There is a big difference between selling out and this and after all they have asked rather than the other media sites just taking without so much as a hello or thankyou

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
IMO it's a polite request and I see no problem with you letting them use them as long as they credit you

There is a big difference between selling out and this and after all they have asked rather than the other media sites just taking without so much as a hello or thankyou

I agree, Better than the scum or daily fail