real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Newton 01.02.09 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Newton 01.02.09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Managed to pursuade Jesus (for the first time in fooking aaaaaages) and BravoZeRo to join me on a winter wonder round the former RAF base, saw a few new sites today but got spooked by chavs sporting balaclavas who later turned out to probably be fellow UE'ers

Anyhoo, on with pics, usual entry point so a few of the houses first...

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0952.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

BravoZeRo

DSC_0955.jpg

Always a good sign, but this is the point where the footpath conveniently disappears into nothingness

Right onto some parts of the base that are right in the heart of security territory...

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0964.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

After wondering around the heart of the base we then decided to have a lookie at a building I have never seen covered in any reports, mainly due to the fact it is directly behind the security hut and is pretty much constantly watched, on the way round to it we didnt notice the secondary security hut for the live section of the base that we pretty much walked straight past, and god knows how they didn't notice us..
Although on the way back round we nearly walked straight into Mr Hi-vis himself who promptly got on the radio to the main base security while we made a quick exit...

Rather large building, although unfortunately not accessible at the moment.

DSC_0972.jpg

Might as well try....nope....locked

DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

At another entrance to the base, bit of a contrast to the opposite section of the site.
DSC_0978.jpg

Some random shots on the way back to the car

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

Just before we were about to leave, while sitting in the car at the usual layby the group who we were previously being wary of turned up and one of them sorting woodland combats gave us a couple of knowing nods as we drove past, leading us to conclude that they had spotting our camera kit slung across our backs and realised that we were probably fellow UE'ers.

So if you were there on 1st of Feb and you own a rather tasty looking modified golf the OWN UP :p It was me you nodded to!!

Cheers for looking at the pics, most of em came out really grainy as I only looked at my ISO in the car on the way back and realising it was still on Ho.3 from the previous nights experiments :freak Thought I may as well post the pics anyway. Oh, and I don't know why some of the pics are rotated, I edited them out on photobucket but for some reason it still comes out horizontal here :banghead

Anyway, thanks for lookin'

Peace, Out

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details