real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Newton - 21/02/09 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Newton - 21/02/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Right, rather big visit today. Met up with RAF-N, Shiv, Ben, Urban Stuart, and two photography students who I agreed to let tag along. Was a great explore, lots of funny moments. Spent at least 5 hours there before getting busted in the funniest situation ever, but I will come on to that later...

Since I live 10mins walk from Newton I'm always there, so today was a photography exercise for me more then an explore. Messing around using different settings and seeing what works best etc.
And here are the results..

Part 1 - Officers Mess / HQ Buildings / Theatre

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Some creepy-ass mannequins that have recently appeared from somewhere :eek:

DSC_0063.jpg

the bath

DSC_0065.jpg

One of my fav shots of the day

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

If you cant read that its Aug 20th 2004, perfectly preserved!

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

NO WATER FIGHTING!!!! :p

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

Tis true...

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

Shiv up the dodgy-est ladder in history

Part 2 to follow....

Last edited:

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Re: RAF Newton - 21/02/09 REPORT

Part 2 - Hangers / Bust!

After doing the other buildings we decided to head over to the hangers, and have some fun....

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

The usual suspects...

The Bust!

Epic can be the only word to truly describe this one, I think we scared the poor guy half to death :p

We were in the Dog Training centre, and RAF-N runs in from outside saying that security has pulled up at the gate to this section, we looked out the window and indeed security had arrived! So other then RAF-N we all hid in the store room (which is rather small, and very very very dark) while RAF-N hid in one of the dog cages.

We wait there for a while in the dark, I decided to relocated to a less obvious hiding spot, and as I'm stepping out the door the poor old security bloke comes through a door opposite making me jump like hell, but thats nowt compared to the look on his face as 7 more of us in combats appear out of the darkness.

All he said was "Photography students?" we decided not to explain further and just said yeah, he then proceeded to ask us to leave (very nicely actually) we then walked back through the base to the layby vaguely followed by the security van.

However, this whole time RAF-N had somehow stayed hidden (even though being the one that was first seen by security :freak) and had to wait for the security to leave before meeting us later...

Was a great explore, really nice atmosphere. I can recommend anyone that came today, really great people. Except for RAF-N, hes just a big gay :gay hahahha, sorry dude luv ya really :p.

Hope you like the pics, sorry they're a bit big

Peace Out

Shadow

DSC_0344.jpg

Mr Nice Security..

S

Shiv

Re: RAF Newton - 21/02/09 REPORT

It's been a brilliant explore! Thanks for an invite! As shadow told everything there ws to tell about it i will limit myself to posting photos [they're crap quality because of the resizing tool:/ ] Enjoy!

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg