real time web analytics
Report - - RAF West Raynham, Norfolk - November 2012 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF West Raynham, Norfolk - November 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dan Cavanagh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A brief history for those who don't know... (from Wiki as others have!)

"RAF West Raynham was a Royal Air Force station located 2 miles (3.2 km) west of the village of West Raynham in Norfolk, England, opened in the 1930s. RAF Bomber Command flew missions from RAF West Raynham during the Second World War, with the loss of 86 aircraft.
The station closed in 1994."

After visiting again last week (albeit for 15 minutes) I was looking back through photos on here and realised a large selection of what I photographed in 2012 hasn't been shown on here. With this in mind I thought it better late than never for those who also take a great interest in this location. I'm always more than happy to see new bits not yet seen.

This is only a very small selection of what I took that day and will add more if anyone is interested. I've been back a few times since but nothing to add to what has already appeared on this site.

Much as I want to though i've never made it into the hospital :( last time we tried we were busted but i'm hoping things are a little more lax now than they look on face value with all the fences and signs they've clearly got a bulk-buy discount on! Any advice always welcome on that front.

Dragging my GF along for her first UE/climbing lesson, we had a nice leisurely explore with only minor hiding to be done as a police car was circling the area at the time as they could before they put bollards everywhere. As we'd already seen them and waved with no problems we were left with noone watching over us apart from the training aircraft that buzzed over quite a few times from the runway which was in use on the day.

DSCF3749_zps72058fb3.jpg

Compared to a lot of the blocks on site, this stood out as being in remarkable condition, appearing like they could have still been in use. I have no idea how they are now over a year later...

DSCF3742_zps6c17fb55.jpg

DSCF3721_zps355ff1a9.jpg

DSCF3685_zps325d8620.jpg

DSCF3665_zps65315907.jpg

DSCF3659_zpsea1e492a.jpg

DSCF3657_zpsf2866005.jpg

DSCF3652_zps4d8570c6.jpg

DSCF3649_zpsf03a2bbd.jpg

DSCF3606_zpsf8d2624e.jpg

DSCF3596_zpsa9e017cc.jpg

DSCF3583_zpsc128de83.jpg

DSCF3574_zps16a3f602.jpg

DSCF3573_zpscfd8466b.jpg

DSCF3564_zpscdba5968.jpg

No idea what the wood mill was all about, was a huge surprise to find what appeared to be a still used section apparently unsecured. Anybody else come across this?

Need to go back and have a proper go soon with my new DSLR, though my gf's trusty S3400 did the job pretty well here, I should thank her for letting me claim her camera for UE for over a year :laugh

If anyone is thinking of visiting this place in the near future give me a shout would be good to tag along with other locals.