real time web analytics
Report - - Ratgoed slate mine in Mid Wales, March 2018 | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ratgoed slate mine in Mid Wales, March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Do you need climbing gear to get in or can anyone scramble/walk down?
There is lots to see above ground and some underground parts can be seen without any climbing gear or skills, however just the walk up alone is staggeringly beautiful and makes a visit worthwhile for the scenery alone, one of the adits is a bit of a squeeze and not for the chubbier explorer :), here is a PDF that points out what levels are accessible with and without SRT kit https://www.aditnow.co.uk/documents/Ratgoed-Slate-Mine/Ratgoed-Slate-Mine.pdf
obviously if you are going underground you need a twat hat, headlamp, torch, call out etc, you know the score :)... but if you are going just for the sheep then send Lenston a PM he knows them all by name now :D

Urbexplore_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is lots to see above ground and some underground parts can be seen without any climbing gear or skills, however just the walk up alone is staggeringly beautiful and makes a visit worthwhile for the scenery alone, one of the adits is a bit of a squeeze and not for the chubbier explorer :), here is a PDF that points out what levels are accessible with and without SRT kit https://www.aditnow.co.uk/documents/Ratgoed-Slate-Mine/Ratgoed-Slate-Mine.pdf
obviously if you are going underground you need a twat hat, headlamp, torch, call out etc, you know the score :)... but if you are going just for the sheep then send Lenston a PM he knows them all by name now :D
ahh i was reading that the other day! were any of the pictures of tunnels with track taken in areas accessible without SRT kit? im thinking about going soon and deciding if its worth it or not?

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
ahh i was reading that the other day! were any of the pictures of tunnels with track taken in areas accessible without SRT kit? im thinking about going soon and deciding if its worth it or not?
Yes, all of the bits in this trip report were taken in areas without SRT access, but you will need kit if you want to see the whole place.