real time web analytics
Report - - Ratgoed slate mine in Mid Wales, March 2018 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ratgoed slate mine in Mid Wales, March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Beautiful, just stunning. I love seeing urbexers in mines, I would stop at every rock formation too. Country side and sheep also beautiful. Top report :thumb

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Cracking looking mine chap, and a nice wander in, too. I shall have to add this to my list of Welsh strolls to have at it!

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cracking looking mine chap, and a nice wander in, too. I shall have to add this to my list of Welsh strolls to have at it!
This would be gorgeous in summer to camp or Bunkhouse and do Ratgoed, Grochan, Hendre-Ddu and mooch about Abellefenni in general, there is just so much goodness in this locale.

Last edited:
Reactions: EOA

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
This really is a gorgeous place, one I want to get back to at some point. Relatively unexplored compared with the other more famous ones as well. Did you not have a look at the old manor house at the far end of the buildings?

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
This would be gorgeous in summer to camp or Bunkhouse and do Ratgoed, Grochan, Hendre-Ddu and mooch about Abellefenni in general, there is just so much goodness in this locale.

I am stealing this plan and using it. Hammocks, mines and sheep; happy days!

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This really is a gorgeous place, one I want to get back to at some point. Relatively unexplored compared with the other more famous ones as well. Did you not have a look at the old manor house at the far end of the buildings?
Thanks for commenting Mookster :), If you mean the Hall then no we didnt see it because I realised when we first got to the mine that I had lost my Nitcore TM26 torch and thought that I had dropped it on the walk up so I just wanted to walk back asap to see if I could find it. But it is a lovely place as you know and the object this year is to do more of the lesser known mines but when we next visit the area the Hall will be on the list to see :thumb
I am stealing this plan and using it. Hammocks, mines and sheep; happy days!
Dont forget to send out the invites and add beer to the list

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
It’s a summer camp and bbq for sure, we missed a few other bits which I found out after we went.