real time web analytics
Report - - Redhill Earthworks Factory - Surrey (JAN 2019) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Redhill Earthworks Factory - Surrey (JAN 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brutalist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Obviously done before so I won't go into too much detail on this one.

Quite an interesting explore considering it is about to be demolished in 2 weeks time from the day I posted this thread. Really gave us the motivation to thoroughly explore this place and look in every dark corner and behind every rusted piece of machinery. Really sad as this place is just so epic - its so versatile and literally looks like a Hollywood film set with its towering metal structures and rusted orange silos glaring in the sun. Really do stand out from a distance.

Sorry for the phone pics however I kinda had to constantly hold a rusty handrail in some places as it sounded as if it was about to collapse as we were walking up the stairs in some places, and no one wants to lug a heavy DSLR around do they...

IMG_6434.JPG
IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG
IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6441.JPG
IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG
IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG
IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6452.JPG
IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG
IMG_6456.JPG
IMG_6459.JPG
IMG_6461.JPG
IMG_6462.JPG
IMG_6463.JPG
IMG_6464.JPG
IMG_6465.JPG
IMG_6466.JPG

Thanks for reading!

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
id not heard they were starting demo here or that they had approved any future plans for the place. Will be interesting to see if that's the case. Any local news reports?

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Omg I can’t believe they’re going to demolish it! Me and my partner have been to this place and it was one of our favourite places to visit last year

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
I tried to look up local planning applications last night but couldn't find anything. No news reports other than one from May 18 (https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/urban-explorers-reveal-remains-redhills-14790174).

"Reigate and Banstead Borough Council's development management plan (DMP), submitted for examination in May 2018, lists the derelict Copyhold Works and the land around it as a potential development site.

The DPM allocates the 42.5 acre site for 210 new homes, a primary school and "a new, high quality public open space."

Any photos of that sign on the fence by any chance?

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Yeah they're starting 17th January I believe, there was a sign on the fence.

id not heard they were starting demo here or that they had approved any future plans for the place.

They applied in November and were refused in December. They applied again in December, with a hoped for start date of 18th Jan. That hasn't been approved or refused yet.

I tried to look up local planning applications last night but couldn't find anything.

Reigate's planning search is not the best, but I found these with a map search -

https://planning.reigate-banstead.g...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PHTMB3MVK3I00

https://planning.reigate-banstead.g...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PK1MZ3MVFZX00

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Ah good find. I looked up the wrong postcode :rolleyes:

Not super conclusive really, no decision made and I doubt they would make a decision in such a short space of time, especially one regarding such a large plot of land with so many complications. If it was granted it would have a ton of conditions attached to it which would need to be satisfied before it would be allowed to progress.

It will no doubt be demolished eventually, but I'd be very surprised if it started in the next 6 months, let alone a few weeks from now.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
The last one was refused in just 4 weeks on the grounds that the method statement didn't cover - badger protection, bat protection, transport management plan or asbestos removal. It did cover other contamination.

Their latest application gives more details and as it doesn't need to go to committee, it is possible they could start in eleven days. Not saying it's likely, but it is possible.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
We'll have to wait and see now.
Truth be told I'll be quite sad to see Fullers flattened as its become a bit of a staple of Surrey exploring, even if its just a soggy derp now...

Brutalist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Omg I can’t believe they’re going to demolish it! Me and my partner have been to this place and it was one of our favourite places to visit last year
I love it too! I wish I went earlier so I could go there a couple more times, there's so much to see.

Who has read this thread (Total: 518) View details