real time web analytics
Report - - Redmire water treatment works..Yorkshire, May 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Redmire water treatment works..Yorkshire, May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Redmire resevoirs webuilt to supply clean drinking water to Sheffield. Consisting of three reservoirs, the upper, middle and lower, quite simple names really. These three resevoirs were fed by small streams. There are two treatment plants below the lower resevoirs. One is an Art Deco looking building with nice glass blocks in the roof. This one was built in 1950 and was later replaced in the 80s by a more modern plant to produce better drinking water as the old plant was not good enough to produce the quality needed. The water was then piped to the old treatment works to be filtered.
Visited with the usual two friends, we went the more modern one. It's in a bit of a state, well both plants are, and it looked like someone had been doing some massive fly tipping there. It was still an enjoyable visit and still some nice bits to see and a nice setting. Even had a shock walking around the corner and seeing my mate doing a naked selfie in the shower block.

When we approached the old block it has a sold sign on the board near the gate. Could not get an external due to the heavens opening up.
I remember seeing old reports when it was in good condition with more stuff in. Shame it's not like that now.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
This is cool, great report. I work for a water company and work on water treatment works all the time and yet for some reason have always fancied visiting an abandoned one.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is cool, great report. I work for a water company and work on water treatment works all the time and yet for some reason have always fancied visiting an abandoned one.
Thank you mate. I am surprised you ain't visited one as it's your job you would find them interesting. Done a few sites associated with my line of work.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice. Lots of pipework, valves and buttons, very photogenic. Nice toilet lol. But what is that pic all about above the belfast sink!

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
Banned
Always a decent explore with daylight coming through. Been there three times at least! I once went around March last year, then again in May last year and all this rubbish has suddenly been dumped around the top building!

Who has read this thread (Total: 160) View details