real time web analytics
Report - - redruth brewery-redruth cornwall 1/2/10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - redruth brewery-redruth cornwall 1/2/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dangerous dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
after a mate in uni mentioned this place me and DJ flava decided to take a look at it. the brewery was founded by William Davey in 1742 and the standard procedure happened, workers got made redundant and no one was found to bail the brewery out then the site closed in 2004. the site then got set fire to by cornish separatists ''The Cornwall National Liberation Army (CNLA) has claimed a disused Redruth brewery gutted by fire on Sunday was "a training camp for setting off incendiary devices", the Cornish Guardian reports.

The incident, which follows two similar fires at the site this year, comes hot on the heels of threats to target businesses belonging to celebrity chefs Rick Stein and Jamie Oliver who the organisation blames for "the inflation of house and other living costs at Cornish expense", and "alienating" local people.''

lucky for us we did not see em on our visit and the fire just burnt a small portion of a building. sadly a fair few of my shots where blurred due to a loose tripod head so on with the shots

brewery10.jpg

brewery2.jpg

brewery1.jpg

brewery3.jpg

brewery4.jpg

brewery6.jpg

brewery7.jpg

brewery8.jpg

brewery9.jpg

thanks to Dj flava and the tesco next door

djflava

Doped up on Thorozine
28DL Full Member
Some nice shots there dave was a good explore mate
shame about the tripod head fail... :banghead

Scotty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice site dave.

thanks for the heads up and the tour.

some nice bits to this and some very trashed and burnt out bits.

worth a visit if your passing.

Lexib83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would've love to have seen this for myself before they starting working on the site - looks a good explore. Great photos!

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details