real time web analytics
Report - - Report - Dudley Train Tunnel - Black Country Old'n Days | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Report - Dudley Train Tunnel - Black Country Old'n Days

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stan464

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good for getting out there.

Mind me asking why your last 2 reports were at night? Both sites are easily excessible in the day and you might of got better footage.(saying that, gypsies have just set up on the roman mosaic site now)
Don't attempt Cavendish house at night, unless you want to light it up like a Christmas tree.:D

Thanks for everyone's input, i know my footage was shoddy and low light, id defo admit that, we did the Night footage as during the day there is Cars/Peds so its a little boring having to keep explaining to people who point us/me out.

With that, I did find Night Footage & Images look more interesting of an evening/night as it added mystery.

But oh lord, i was due to show 2 people Roman, thats a shame, thanks for the heads up, I wasn't the least bit surprised that eventually someone who take advantage of the fact its derelict.

Also, Cavendish house looked almost impossible to get into unless you somehow climbed up an additional floor as the bottom floor looked boarded shut like a Prision!

As for Acid's question, i recorded the Footage on the SJ4000 WIFI, via Helmet Mount near my Headtorch. Yes, this isn't the best to be recording on, But Daylight would of suited it better looking back now.

My gear is still pretty new, so im still learning its capabilities & such.

Again, wish to say thanks to everyone's support & questions & comments.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hence the ? on the recording gear. Explains a lot then. Everything has limitations especially in the dark/low light

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
That moment of disappointment when you click a report expecting to find photos and find a video instead is almost painful... Then you see the video is 20 minutes long and the experience gets a whole lot worst. ;) @tazong is good at doing that :D

I have to agree with @Dempsey (I think it was your comment), I don't think video reports work well unless they're exceptional and something entertaining happens in them.

You've taken the criticism really well though, which many people wouldn't have done. Looking forward to seeing your next report when you've had a bit more of a play around with your gear.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's because most of it is constructive criticism and he's not a Chav that's gonna throw his Toys out of the Prams credit to him :thumb

The trouble with people posting dodgy and/or erratic videos (and it's the same with dodgy photographic reports from certain people) Once you know it's going to be crap you don't even bother liking which sort of defeats the whole reason they were posted in the first place.

As we know a Video needs to be captivating and tell a good story otherwise it's going to quickly fail and adding total darkness into the mix is always going too be a tough challenge

Id say concentrate on the daylight stuff (Most of this equipment is really only suited too this anyway) and sort the editing out and show these other how to do it properly :thumb

Stan464

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's because most of it is constructive criticism and he's not a Chav that's gonna throw his Toys out of the Prams credit to him :thumb

The trouble with people posting dodgy and/or erratic videos (and it's the same with dodgy photographic reports from certain people) Once you know it's going to be crap you don't even bother liking which sort of defeats the whole reason they were posted in the first place.

As we know a Video needs to be captivating and tell a good story otherwise it's going to quickly fail and adding total darkness into the mix is always going too be a tough challenge

Id say concentrate on the daylight stuff (Most of this equipment is really only suited too this anyway) and sort the editing out and show these other how to do it properly :thumb

Thanks Acid,

Yeah, the video's you had seen was from when i had pretty much not long purchased it, back in 2015, i have since done Daylight Footage.

Granted, the Footage had been done to death by others, but we all have our spin to throw on them.

Thanks all for the guidance!

Thanks.

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And 3. We decided not to invest in decent lighting :banghead

Sorry mate it"s a bit :eek: Railway Tunnels are bastards to light up even with decent lighting so this was never going to work with what you seem to be attempting to use. Unfortunate, but better luck in future :thumb

yeh tell me about it, Ive captured footage that looked okay, was virtually unusable -with lighting though, having tried a range of different lights, I often find that the ebay jobbys, often cheaper - work well with extra batteries...

its nice to see a report though,looks decent as an explore...

best... SOD