Web
Analytics
Report - - Ridge Quarry - October 2010 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ridge Quarry - October 2010



professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
#1
Visited with Tommo, REEF, The 126, D86, Newage and Fluffy.


History

Ridge Quarry was originally run by the Bath Stone Co producing Oolite Limestone. It was taken over in 1915 by the Ministry of Munitions for the storage of Cordite & TNT during WW1.

After the war it lay abandoned for eight years. Then in 1936 work began to convert the empty Quarry into suitable storage for bombs and bulk explosives exclusively for the RAF. It remained in service throughout WW2 and was eventually left by the RAF in 1955.

1.
IMG_1450.jpg


2.
IMG_1486.jpg


3.
IMG_1484.jpg


4.
IMG_1489.jpg


5.
IMG_1527.jpg


6.
IMG_1496.jpg


7.
IMG_1511-1.jpg


8.
IMG_1504.jpg


9.
IMG_1501.jpg


10.
IMG_1491.jpg


11.
IMG_1470.jpg
 

Similar threads