real time web analytics
Report - - Rochester Cement works, Kent, march 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rochester Cement works, Kent, march 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kent-urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

The CEMEX plant at Halling is the last of the cement works on the Medway to close. While the main production plant closed in 2000, a small team has continued to grind clinker (cement in lump form) brought in by road from elsewhere. The clinker grinding operation is now planned to end when CEMEX UK opens a new 1.2 million tonnes per annum grinding and blending facility on the Thames at Tilbury. There are plans for anywhere between 500 and 700 homes on the site.

Visited with tom46 and Nocturno

After seeing shadows and Manic report from last year I’ve been dyeing to see this place. After driving past a few times to work and seeing the equipment being delivered for demo i fort it was time. When we access we noticed there was mobile cctv units placed around the outside of the site. We made a dash for it and it didn’t catch us. Only explored the main building as the others did not look that good. On our way out we decent to get inside the chinney when inside tom46 said: the camera is looking at us! So we decided to make a quick exit. Hope you enjoy the pictures hopefully more people will visit this lovely place before it gets knocked down

Main entrance
03.jpg

Cemex sign
02.jpg

plant:mad:
04.jpg

Cctv units
06.jpg

Machinery
10.jpg

1 massive Kiln
15.jpg

Crane and above the kiln
30.jpg

Other parts of the site
35.jpg

Roof
37.jpg

Gate
39.jpg

This was a small site office which had news papers from 1999
43.jpg

Telephone
49.jpg

Fort the explore was getting better but they didn’t leave the key in it
60.jpg

Crane
67.jpg

65.jpg

Another part of the kiln
77.jpg

This part was the other end of the kiln you could walk up to a hatch and see straight through the kiln. When taking a shot with flash the amount of dust still inside was mental
81.jpg

Control room
87.jpg

Chimney
95.jpg

Inside the Chimney
100.jpg

tom 46, Nocturno, Kent-Urbex
DSC05672copy.gif

D

Dragon_Urbex

Thanks to this great report I now know what was once here. Thanks for sharing, even if it was posted 10 years ago! Really nice report.