real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Hospital Haslar, Gosport, 2014-2017 (pic heavy) | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Hospital Haslar, Gosport, 2014-2017 (pic heavy)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
What, Haslar?

It’s a grade II* listed building. It’s never not going to be standing lmao

Glingo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Coasters Café

yEra82Al.jpg

lq2nlYtl.jpg

The nurses rooms are being stripped now

NskbaHzl.jpg

Snooker Room

Despite being left for 8 years. The snooker table is immaculate

JZSyIdTl.jpg

Basement

Not much to say here, used to be a shortcut through the hospital for nurses. Was used in the war as bomb shelters and operating theatres. The paintings on the walls are from the 60s when staff would hold little parties here (I believe)

i9mcnsql.jpg

1UAZPoVl.jpg

1VzC3GRl.jpg

nQipWRLl.jpg

ATqHTTsl.jpg

kPqM3mrl.jpg

e4MOlXjl.jpg

Organs

Two preserved human organs remain here. They tend to be found by one explorer and then moved somewhere else, a bit like a fucked up hide and seek. One is liver cirrhosis and the other is ulcerative colitis

3E94JHWl.jpg

jPZh5Rrl.jpg

7quOIr4l.jpg

Outbuildings

Incinerator

W8r7hSUl.jpg

Chapel of rest / Morgue

LyVPYehl.jpg

The Zymotic buildings are all much the same internally

4Spj28el.jpg

7jpTrv5l.jpg

8CSwLagl.jpg

YGG4xV6l.jpg

Y1zVq7Ql.jpg

Psychiatric Ward

There was a rumour that the padded cell had been stripped out. Wrong.

WwJM9NFl.jpg

Fa7KVzQl.jpg

fJFCUThl.jpg

sMNFNGyl.jpg

NFBswvMl.jpg

Thank you for looking!
Thanks for the great photos. I worked in Haslar when it was a naval hospital, and for a year or so lived in one of the Zymotics buildings. Does anyone know whether these are going to be refurbished and turned into the usual luxury apartments? They have a great sea view so I guess would be popular. I've never been back since I left the navy, I think it would be very sad to see what became of such a fine hospital, and which for many of us who had the privilege of working there were happy times.

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
They are. A lot of us are hoping that g block is kept and used as the building for the haslar museum as it has the last remaining padded cell in the country.