real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Theatre, Halesowen | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Theatre, Halesowen

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Did this a few weeks back and have finally started on the backlog of pics I have!!

Looks to be built in the 10's or 20's. Hard to tell how long it has been closed for. It looks as though it was built as a theatre, but later converted as a cinema as film became more popular. Although quite stripped and awaiting demolition, I thought it was a nice find. I love the tatters of the curtan above the stage! The wooden ladders were so rotten I did not even try them!!

RoyalTheatre1.jpg

RoyalTheatre7.jpg

RoyalTheatre13.jpg

RoyalTheatre37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

prontford

Re: Royal Theatre, Halesowen REPORT

Sorry that this is a bit late, but I'm almost certain that the Royal Theatre is on Bank Street off Cradley Heath High Street. The surrounding area has suffered with planning blight since at least the mid 80s, and the building is scheduled to be demolished (if it hasn't been already) to build the Cradley Heath by-pass / relief road, along with quite a few interesting old buildings at the back of Cradley Heath. Lived in Cradley for 20 years, but not been back for a while!

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Quite sad we were raking around these shitholes when I think what must have been out there at the time!!