Web
Analytics
Report - - Roydon Hall 13/05/09 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Roydon Hall 13/05/09

canute

货车司机和国王
Regular User
This used to be a Transcendental Meditation centre. Interesting trying to imagine yogic flying taking place here - it doesn't really seem to relate to the c. 1900 decoration (most of which isn't great inside - I like the floor tiles though). The stone door surround looks a lot older (unless they used really bad stone)

March09008.jpg

March09027.jpg

March09053.jpg

March09054.jpg

March09084.jpg

canute

货车司机和国王
Regular User
Re: Roydon Hall

From what I've read there are bits that are earlier than Victorian, like the stone entrance and some Tudor panelling.

Recent history - I'd been told George Harrison gave it to the Maharishi, but more likely he bought it.

March09006.jpg

This belvedere is older and has bits of an old clock in it
March09019-1.jpg

March09023.jpg

March09029.jpg

March09030.jpg

March09051-1.jpg

March09056.jpg

March09065.jpg

March09062.jpg

March09070.jpg