Web
Analytics
Report - - Rutland College -- Oakham -- August 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Rutland College -- Oakham -- August 2014

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with KM_Punk, The Wombat, Yorrick and Bluelikewoah.

A bit of shamelessly stolen history from The wombat "The Rutland college itself closed in September 2012, after relocating to a new site. It was a sixth form college mostly for A levels, for students aged 16-19."

This was my first visit here and I had indeed left it too late as the place is even more trashed. There is still no sign of demolition/redevelopment work. After taking a bit of time out from exploring it was an enjoyable day and good to get out with the camera again.

foyer_zps832cd2b5.jpg

foyer2_zps7acac547.jpg

stairs_zps0b09cef1.jpg

classroom2_zps37bc19cf.jpg

classroom1_zps38a5d66f.jpg

plug_zps758d149a.jpg

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pretty trashed that JuJu, nice to see a post from you, been too long ;)
Yeah it has. Not really sure where the last year has gone. Been feeling a bit lost now Pom has disappeared and have had a few ups and downs with my mental health this year. Starting to get out and about a bit more now and have a backlog of reports to put up and pictures to edit.

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
Yea, this place is fucked. Went past with the mrs a few months ago and there were kids walking out with baseball bats.

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yea, this place is fucked. Went past with the mrs a few months ago and there were kids walking out with baseball bats.
That's a bit scary. Had some kids smashing the place up when I was solo exploring Wolsey back in 2008 a few months before it got demoed, ended up hiding behind some barrels as would have been at least 4 against 1.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Good photos, and good to see you back on the forum
it is soooo beyond trashed now