real time web analytics
Report - - Scavenger, Bolton - October 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Scavenger, Bolton - October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ventena

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The CSO was accessed via the 1100mm RCP outfall to the river Croal, in a secluded area. The first chamber is just a few metres in. The original overflow chamber would have been straight ahead from here, however modifications were made a few years back and this has now been walled-up and the tunnel now makes a 90° turn.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Downstream, the RCP leads to a new, larger overflow chamber which contains a processor.

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

The sewerfresh as it makes its way through

11.JPG

12.JPG

It is over this wall that any effluent makes its way to the Croal in the event of the detention tank being unable to take any more sewage.

13.JPG

At the other side of the overflow chamber is another length of RCP which takes the effluent during overflow. A few metres in is another chamber on the other side of a penstock.

14.JPG

15.JPG

At this point there is a 90° turn to a short length of RCP which leads to a vertical drop. This is where overflowing sewage enters a 1600m² detention tank - which unfortunately I was unable to gain access to on this visit.

16.JPG

17.JPG

And here is an image of this vertical drop as seen from above:

18.JPG

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Was a stinker when I did this CSO, was rather glad to be back out in the fresh(er) air

Ventena

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was a stinker when I did this CSO, was rather glad to be back out in the fresh(er) air
Wasn't too bad when I went in, the air in the processor room wasn't too great though, couldn't stay in there too long