real time web analytics
Report - - Seaview Wildlife Centre - IOW - October 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Seaview Wildlife Centre - IOW - October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LSUrbex Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seaview Wildlife Centre

The History
The land off Oakhill Road in Seaview was initially purchased in 1961 by the founding Directors and business owners, Peter & Margaret Adams. The attraction, then known as Flamingo Park, opened its doors in 1971 and has traded ever since, undergoing a re-brand and re-naming to Seaview Wildlife Encounter in 2010.
Statement from the Owner:
It is with great sadness and regret that the family have decided after 44 years of being open to the public that an extremely difficult decision has been made to close the park. This is due to many internal and external factors - the seasonal nature of the business combined with intense legislation and regulation that we believe will only increase in the future. We hope that you will understand that it is time now for the family to bow out gently and to thank all of our wonderful visitors for their support over the years. A huge thanks to our amazing team - without you we could not have continued to have kept our beautiful park to the standard that it was today on our last day of being open. Please be assured that all the birds and animals will be top priority and the best possible homes will be sourced for them and of course the wonderful Dippy who we will endeavour to find the best retirement home for. We hope that we leave you with many happy memories and the family wish you all the very best for the future....

The Explore
Having heard rumours about a nasty owner we decided to be careful and make our way in silently, climbing up onto the a thick concrete wall on the outside, the only way in was a 15ft drop to get inside, after 10mins of trying to find another way in, we decided to make the 15ft drop and venture in, what a beautiful place this was, set in the country side with the beach a mile down the road, we took pictures and made the location last a couple of hours, never having been here in its prime, I could imagine how amazing it would have been!
After the 2hours of exploring we heard 2 men shouting at me and my exploring partner to get out, he made his way in throwing every word under the sun at us, telling him to calm down he finally came around and asked us to show him how we got in, as I didn’t want to tell him how we got in, I had to lie and show some other route and make up a story, not believing me and my story he finally showed us a way out and introduced himself as Mark, telling me to tell all my friends and fellow urbexers that you should stay out! We made our way out through his back garden following Mark and we made our way onto our next adventure!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
What a nice explore. Something really different. Really like the old cobbled walls and ponds. The old jetty is pretty cool too. Nice clean explore too. Really enjoyed this:thumb

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh, I was going to have a walk around this place a few months back when I was on the Isle but got spooked by the large house next door. I take it you didn't have any issues?
Looks like I missed out.

LSUrbex Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh, I was going to have a walk around this place a few months back when I was on the Isle but got spooked by the large house next door. I take it you didn't have any issues?
Looks like I missed out.
Yeah I got caught by the neighbour who owns it, you have to be silent and take pictures etc quickly :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 270) View details