real time web analytics
Report - - Sessions Of York, York, June 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sessions Of York, York, June 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bourbonboy

28DL Member
28DL Member
So I've seen other posts on this site, but I know of plenty who have been wanting to see this before it get's flattened for housing or sealed up for good, it employed a fair number people in the local area and its sad to see it go, and its played an important part in York's history. (How it survived so long always astounded me to be honest.)

Sessions was a printing works which specialized in self adhesive labels, commercial printing and labeling machinery. It was formed in 1811 when a bloke named William Alexander started selling stationary in a shop in York. It was bought in 1865 by William Session, and in 1907 the store closed and the focus was now on the printing side. The stools hit the oscillator in 2009 when the business was put up for sale,- high paper costs & the recession to blame, and in 2010 went into administration, shutting its doors, (not too well), in early 2013, the site having been sold. The company name still exists in one form or another.

The place was empty and trashed, and still some signs of activity within. Entry was a little 'prickly'.
Here's some tragic pics for you :(

IMG_0561_zpscf84d814.jpg

IMG_0496_zps67bc8de8.jpg

IMG_0554_zps68863067.jpg

IMG_0553_zps6c06e238.jpg

IMG_0478_zps8669bfe0.jpg

IMG_0476_zpsec11d88a.jpg

IMG_0510_zps8812561a.jpg

IMG_0503_zpsf1bcc3da.jpg

IMG_0529_zps93a7aa4b.jpg

Note his bag strap in the door, he wouldn't dare lean over the edge.

The place is full of pigeons and their resulting shit. Shattered fluorescent tubes make treading a little loud. As stated in the very comprehensive report of 'Robotronik', its been raided by the kids, and it really has been.

Thanks for reading, this is my first report! ( If anything is wrong with this report please remove it, or tell me!)

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details